Your humble news guy ......

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
You gotta love Bill ......

The Limits of Dissent

During World War II, widely considered the last "good" war, there was tight government control of information. No pictures of dead American soldiers were released to the public until 1943, two years after the conflict began. The Office of War Information made it quite clear to the press that any intentional undermining of the conflict would be punished. Even Hollywood scripts and newsreels were vetted. The U.S. government strictly censored what Americans saw and heard about the war, even where atrocities were concerned.

Yep thats right damm those media types questioning if the things done are right.

After German SS troops massacred 86 American soldiers at Malmedy in Belgium on December 17th, 1944, some units like the US 11th Armored Division took revenge on captured German soldiers. In the Pacific, relatively few Japanese prisoners were taken in the brutal island fights. But the folks back home never heard about those things or what techniques were used to interrogate prisoners who might know where the next ambush would be. The American military did what they had to do in order to win. As General Patton once said to his army: "I do not advocate standing Germans up against the wall and shooting them ... so shoot the sons of bitches before you get them to the wall."

And yes it is right that the US commited war crimes and got away with it.

(Oh and no I dont concider him the voice of america .... he just represents a part of it.)

-How.

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Fox news is one of the few things that can get me seriously annoyed.

The battle lines are clearly drawn. Which side are you on?
I'll play the role of arms manufacturer selling weapons to both sides. Meanwhile I'll try to keep both sides ballanced, so that this "ultimate war" will not end soon.
Seriously though, it really does seem as if those are the only winners of war. If there are any at all, that is.

Anyway compared to what I've heard so many people say (from both sides) it doesn't sound that extreme at all. Although at the same time ever since I stopped watching certain news stations the comments I've heard have been getting less and less extreme. Maybe I should watch a couple of those stations again, just to put things in to perspective again.

TheWhaleShark

This world is spinning around me
Dec 14, 2001
A little to the left.
www.rit.edu
cracwhore said:
Proving my point that fake news (the Daily Show) is the only real news.

Really, all news outlets should follow Hunter Thompson's example and just abandon any precepts of objectivity. **** it, just have your slant and be totally subjective. You'll get more honest accounts of what's going on that way. Be involved in a story and you'll get the real deal.

That's why Jon Stewart is the ****ing man.