Your favorite 1on1/2on2/4 player FFA maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rask

Aug 15, 2004
Finland
www.rdegree.net
I'm thinking of running a small UT3 server with an old PC I found at my house (if I manage to get it working).

What I need to know is what are everyone's favorite small player count levels (both retail and custom). It can be either 1on1, 2on2 or 4 player FFA (old rig, no huge warfare games).

Thanks in advance.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Nice Thread btw, this place needs more of this kind of discussion.

My Favs:

DM-Diesel
DM-Deck
DM-Defiance
DM-Sentinel
DM-Rising Sun
DM-Turbine

Customs
DM-Gutter
DM-Danite][ (not sure if it's Dante or Danite... I just play it lol.)

There's a ton of remakes from UT99 that work with small player counts, there was a thread on this board with a ton of em linked in it...

zd.Osiris

Aug 20, 2008
Duel maps:
DM-Subterrane
DM-Gritt

TDM maps:
DM-Flustered
DM-Diesel (waiting for '-FPS' version)
DM-Codex

CTF maps:
CTF-Grendelkeep3_CE
CTF-Lopo-FE_RC2
CTF-Reflection-FE-v2

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Nice Thread btw, this place needs more of this kind of discussion.

My Favs:

DM-Diesel
DM-Deck
DM-Defiance
DM-Sentinel
DM-Rising Sun
DM-Turbine

Customs
DM-Gutter
DM-Danite][ (not sure if it's Dante or Danite... I just play it lol.)

There's a ton of remakes from UT99 that work with small player counts, there was a thread on this board with a ton of em linked in it...

Nice list, d3tox. (It's "Dante").

I would add Shangrila, Tempest and Liandri to it for 4v4 though; Subterrane, Gritt and Acquisition for 1v1.

There was one TDM map from the latest CBP that seemed promising... can't remember the damn name anymore.... does that still get played?

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
You mean solar? That one seemed decent, but I haven't seen it loaded on a lot of servers.

Defiance probably should be one of those maps thats 2v2 or higher player count as well, its easy to get 200/199 armor and health and roll like a tank.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
You mean solar? That one seemed decent, but I haven't seen it loaded on a lot of servers.

Nope, not Solar. The one with the damage amp facing sideways on this wall that you had to jump over to. It was a pretty visually attractive map, all futuristic and stuff but with grass in places around the bottom.

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
Sounds like Salvation, though that was from the first pack. Fantastic map (only won MSUC was all ;)) in any case.