You think youhave obscure old games knowlege?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
It'd be a lot easier if you just downloaded the PC version. And no, don't ask me where you can find it....

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
FFE was a phenomenal game, but the bugs ruined it. There were just too many to remember, and the plot was poor, but the detail and sheer scope are unsurpassed. There were 5 different newspapers each of which had a specific weekly edition for about 5 years of game time ( I once called New Scientist 'universal scientist' :lol: ) and every star in the galaxy was visitable.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
Privateer2 The darkening

a fairly reasonable stab at a 'baby elite' with a plot

very cool game, but would it run on winXP? :(

dead clown

self-righteous ****0r
Nov 5, 2001
ireland
Visit site
while we're (sort of) on the subject of ancient obscure 3D flight games, anyone remember mercenary for the C64?

15 minute load times aside, that game kicked ass.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Re: Dune 2

Originally posted by Luggage
Well, how many of you have actually finished Dune 2 - Battle for Arrakis? I remember having sat there for hours selecting unit by unit... No drag-select that time, no no!

Yep, finished that one :) I hadn't played any other RTS game at the time so I wasn't put off by the lack of features.

The last RTS game I played through was Starcraft....I was impressed by the balance of the three very different forces. But lately, RTS games have gone downhill IMO, with nothing innovative left to offer.

/me awaits "C&C 7: Slightly Different Tanks" with trepidation :p

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
Red Alert 2 is the finest multiplayer game ever

Used to play that baby practically everyday on the work LAN :)