You may never play airsoft again....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
*cough*

Nope, till they make exact replica paintball guns without those stupid hoppers and gas cylinders sticking out every which way and barrel diameters NOT the size of cartman's ass I'm sticking to airsoft.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Yeah, my one big turn off of paintball is the big bucket of paintballs in your face. Isss uggly. Airsoft is elegant compared to paintball. I wish airsoft could shoot paint bb's without them breaking though.. :D

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Airsoft isn't painful enough. There isn't any fun involved if no one feels pain. Nothing like finding that bratty little kid in the paintball arena who just won't leave when shot, and then planting a couple of paintballs on his achilles tendons. Heh heh heh....

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Phat - The electric guns will break those paintballs inside the gun, making quite a mess inside. AEG = Air Electric Gun

Rogue - One word: upgrade

ThaSeeker

Capitalist Pig
Jul 22, 2001
H-town vato!
Visit site
I agree with Rogue, without the pain, you don't have the hesitation. When you're about to jump around a corner and you know someone's there, you'll think twice when you might be faced with a volly of .68 caliber paintballs hitting you at 300 fps.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Have you guys ever been shot by an airsoft gun? If so which one? Was it stock or upgraded? Or are you just assuming they don't hurt?

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
BBs aren't painful? Now I KNOW you paintballers are on crack.

A stock marui MP5 perforates the side of a coke can at 5 meters.

You drop an M-110 spring in there and it will go though both sides.

You drop an M-230 in there it will go though both top and bottom of the can and make you liable to be arrested should you ever do something as stupid as shooting another human being with it.

BBs also tend to sting a bitch. Since the force is dispersed over a smaller surface area (Pressure= F/A).

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Paintball, in my opinion, has more ability to sport team work.

Airsoft-not painful enough, there is no reason to be suppresed when nder suppresive fire

Paintball- Lets just leave it at "OUCH"

Airsoft- BBs travel up to 100m, meaning you don't have to use your team mates as much to get the job done

Paintball- You have to work your way up to the opposition, with someone covering your ass

Airsoft- Realistic looking guns

Paintball-There are different designs of hoppers that don't stick up in your face, and c02 has it's place on the guns design, they don't get in the way, they give you a but stock, or an extra handle

Airsoft-can be damn expensive [I could buy a car for some of the prices on those guns!]

Paintball-can be very expensive, but 85% of it goes into ammo, not a gun that you have to pay an extra 200$ on to get some power into it [Airsoft]

Paintball- Can still get realistic markers.

As you can see, I would take paintball over airsoft any day.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Airsoft BBs can only hurt the same, or less as a paintball gun, stinging doesn't hurt as much as a great big unexpected WACK! in the spine. At an indoor arena, a marker [point-zero, I believe, good little markers] was turned up to the legal limit here, and trust me, at 10 feet, I garuntee you, you won't say airsoft hurts as much/more than paintball.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
OpFor: That's what they all say till they get hit by a burst of 20 BBs before they have time to yell; 'AAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!'. ;)

Believe me, when someone shoots in airsoft, it's painful enough to make you pay instant attention. Anyone who says otherwise is bull.