You are not ready for this

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skywalker817

Jan 4, 2001
I will not tell you all about this project except that it will be the biggest modification for any fps. Please do not be upset that I am only telling you this much. I hope you will understand my reasons, If you wish to know more IM me. my screen name is WhiteGuy817. Unreal will never be the same.

Skywalker817

Jan 4, 2001
My friend.. this will be over 3 gigs, and will be like no other mod. It will change online gaming as we know it. production has alredy started. If you wish to know more Im me. That is all I will say.

Skywalker817

Jan 4, 2001
No my friend. DSL will not be supported. Cable only. There will be multiple parts to DL. Or you can get it on a CD. And no I am glad to tell you these details. Nothing about the game itself will be posted here. me and my fellow programmers are working hard. I would appreciate it if you kept your comments to yourself. Obviously you did not read my first post. I clearly said IM me. Oh and as for the legal matters they are being currently discussed.

KiloDelta

Rogue
Feb 14, 2000
Toronto, ON
how can it change things forever?
fps is simple: you run around and shoot anything that moves.

what is so special about your mod?
do you stand still and shoot things that are stationary?

i'd like to see what you're planning, tho. you've piqued my curiosity.

pepslet

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
If you're not gonna say anything, why post at all? Personally, I think you just want attention or something.

And what's that about only giving support for cable? DSL is pretty fast too, you gonna put in some code that excludes DSL from the game?

3 gigs? You're gonna have a hard time finding people that will download that for a game, and shipping cd's to people will cost you a lot of money.

But still, good luck with the project.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
it looks like
doped.gif

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
3 gigs? That's WAY to big for a mod. Downloading it is out of the question, even on CD, that's 4 to 5 CDs! Which definitely means paying money. Not to mention the huge hard disk space requirement.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
'My friend',
what a lot of Spam.

we should keep a record of every l33t kid announcing their mod to the face of the world.
That's sometimes funny.:)

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
3gigs???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:D
I have a 56k modem!

But I'm kinda interested...what could this be?

[Edited by ChrisToth.hu on January 15th, 2001 at 04:56 PM]

Banana Lovin Monkey

Jan 15, 2001
this COULD be a very sad south african trying to annoy people! I'm sorry my first post is sort of flamish but whats the harm in telling people what its about and at what stage of devolpment you are at to be able to say its 3 gigs!

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
It should take a rather long time to create something this large. By then, Unreal 2 will be well out and, if it's going to exist, some sort of Unreal 3 will be in development. And you want to publish a game that uses the old Unreal engine? It's a great engine, but the second version will probably be better.

Banana Lovin Monkey

Jan 15, 2001
No its just that south africans say things like my friend a lot thats all and I'm not aware of anyother english type launguage speekers that do (does this make sense?).

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Interesting theory...

We were having a Linguistics scientific conversation with Fuzzpilz at the CTF/DOM thread...amazing amount of info in a small period of time...
:D

[MUTTS] Das

Mar 13, 2000
LOL...

Well, two things...first, unfortunately...we see alot of this. I run a texture site and I get e-mails almost daily about new "Total Conversions!" and "Exciting New Mod!"

Every day I get asked to be part of a team that's going to be the next HUGE game.

There's nothing wrong with it. Just know that there are 1000s of ambitious amateur developers out there that want to build huge mods and only 1 or 2 of them will follow through on it and see it to completion.

So, hype is rather useless...there's 1,000 lbs. of hype for every half-ounce of actual work done. If you're going to be serious, you have to back it up.

Second, as someone that was more-or-less part of a South African family for many years, the assumption might be a bit off, but a decent try, nonetheless!

-Scott
[muTTs]_Das
http://www.TextureUniverse.com

Paladin_Belgarion

Harvester of Sorrow
Jan 18, 2001
Location, Location!
Visit site
You guys aren't really buying any of this guy's Bullsh**, are you?? let's see.... he says it's going to be 3gigs... only compatible with cable.... AND available on CD?! I haven't heard such a poorly fabricated lie in a LOONG time... This guy just might as well just say it: "I'm a newbie that's full of it!" Also notice his mighty four posts....
:sniper: