Yet another "what i expect from ut2007" thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Recently i've been getting into UT99 quite much, and honnestly, this game owns. UT2004's weapon switching is way too anoying (you can even fire before the gun is pointing at the target), the player scales in UT2004 are dramastic, the game is not even CHEAT-secure, the weapons feel nerfed, the comunity is getting wose and worse (on most of the servers) and it's freaking hard to get people into a new DM server nowdays. It's way easyer to get people into a Invasion RPG server or, yet, VCTF.

I am sick of UT2004. The only servers that i played on was fractionary, pugatory(i don't care how you spell it) and kitty's and quite rarely, the (co30) server. But since all of these are empty, or full. I just play on the demo servers. And now i am really, really pissed of it. Mainly because of the ****ing cheating on the server. Those ****ing morons who like to pretend that they are good using a triger bot. If UT2007 is not cheat secure, i am out of UT and i will just move to another game.

I've been around for quite a while, and i am like, everyone here, waiting for the UT2007 demo with impatience. Aparently that they will keep the player movment a bit simmilar with UT2004's while keeping the UT99 player scale. That's a good "new". I am ready to bet that UT2004's main hitscan problematism is due to the player scale. Decent players can't stand playing in maps that are tighter than DM-DE-Grandelkeep - Rankin. The most used weapons in a 1v1 fight are the hitscans. That is just getting overrated.

Anyway, once the UT2007 demo is out, i hope that they will have at least 2 DM maps out with it, a big one, and a smaller one. so on most of the demo servers they would get the bigger one for servers with more than 10 slots to prevent the spam fest.

Just take rankin in the shock room FFS. stay on the upper floor, the enemy will tend to only attack other people on the same floor that they are on, meaning that you can spam the bottom, while the bottom spams the bottom. Play this map with only 4 people on the server, no one of them CHEATS KTHX. The game will be perfecly enjoyable. I dare say. PLZEPICFIXKTHX

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
LANCE.xd said:
all this pessimism on UT2007 is depressing :(

Once they came up with a game called UT.
Then ut2003 camed. Sucky game, then, UT2004. Same ****, new gametypes and contents.

And now UT2007.

UT2004 is almost no more,
beside for the VCTF and invasion servers. And probably the Sniper/Instagib clans too.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
LANCE.xd said:
all this pessimism on UT2007 is depressing :(
Actually, I didn't hear him say so much about 2007 as he did about 2004. To be honest, pretty much all of that has been covered well and Epic has already made statements saying that 2007 will address these problems.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah. UT 2004 is really dissapointing ATM.
I could also complain on the bots. The bots in UT99 are way more humain-like than the ut2004 ones.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
It's funny because UT2004 wasn't disappointing to me at all. It was my first UT game. I was blown away by the community and all the modifications and maps available, it was like buying one game to play 20. Yeah, after I became used to it, the core game itself wasn't the greatest, but I haven't played anything better yet.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Kantham said:
. Mainly because of the ****ing cheating on the server. Those ****ing morons who like to pretend that they are good using a triger bot. If UT2007 is not cheat secure, i am out of UT and i will just move to another game.

Wtf is a trigger bot?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Same as the original Aimbot that automatically focus on the player that is in view (360 degree)
Trigger bots are aimbots, but harder to spot. They will work basically as the same that "auto aiming", but online.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
BeerGut said:
It's funny because UT2004 wasn't disappointing to me at all. It was my first UT game. I was blown away by the community and all the modifications and maps available, it was like buying one game to play 20. Yeah, after I became used to it, the core game itself wasn't the greatest, but I haven't played anything better yet.

It's all a matter of perspective. People who played a lot of UT are predisposed to belly-ache about UT200x because it is different.

Yeah, some of the risks they took definitely didn't pay off, but the fact remains that each game in the series has had tremendous production value, superb support by the mod/map/skin/model community, solid gameplay, and plenty of official freebies. There's almost no better value to be had in the gaming world.

I think a lot of the loud complaining is because deep down inside people really care about this game and want to see it implemented perfectly.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
First-person spec mode if the cheat hunter's friend

Kantham said:
Same as the original Aimbot that automatically focus on the player that is in view (360 degree)
Trigger bots are aimbots, but harder to spot. They will work basically as the same that "auto aiming", but online.

Tiggerbots don't aim, the player has to aim, the bot simply "triggers" the weapon so it always fires the second the crosshair passes over a target. It's a lot harder to spot, but it's easy once you know what you're looking for. They work with combos as well, which is one of the things to look for. The triggerbot using player will fire a shock secondary, then aim away from the ball, then only aim at the ball the second he wants to trigger the combo. Triggerbot users do this on every combo they make, and it's easy as hell to spot once you know what you're looking for.

Last edited:

Dr._Jekyl

Hyde...from Dr._Jekyl
Apr 19, 2006
My own little world
hal said:
It's all a matter of perspective. People who played a lot of UT are predisposed to belly-ache about UT200x because it is different.

Yeah, some of the risks they took definitely didn't pay off, but the fact remains that each game in the series has had tremendous production value, superb support by the mod/map/skin/model community, solid gameplay, and plenty of official freebies. There's almost no better value to be had in the gaming world.

I think a lot of the loud complaining is because deep down inside people really care about this game and want to see it implemented perfectly.

I play a ton of UT, although I am excited about it, for that reason you said: It's different. Though, yeah, I guess the reason people complain and stuff is because they do want it to be perfect...you know, 'cuz they want to be able to like it. So, good point. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Selerox said:
Tiggerbots don't aim, the player has to aim, the bot simply "triggers" the weapon so it always fires the second the crosshair passes over a target.

Mhhh. I thought it was the same system as the "auto aiming" system that the bots use. And yes, i also noticed that they can menage to do shock combo easily.

There's another kind of bot that i met yesturday, the bot in question,
take other player's EXACT name as the botter killed them. That's the worse botter i've ever seen yet.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Now all what the booters need to invent is a Aimbot that after you get killed,
it change your character and delete your ini's after you close the game, or even yet, your hard drives.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Kantham, it's your own fault you hate the game. I've said it before and I will continue to say it: STOP PLAYING ON DEMO SERVERS. How can you expect to have a decent experience playing on servers with no cheat protection whatsoever against players who are horrible?

I will agree that it's much easier to get people to play non-DM gametypes, however. DM in this game is simply skewed to favor those with good hitscan aim, and if people don't have this, they tend to avoid such things and go play with vehakals instead.

Have fun moving on to another game though. UT2007 is guaranteed not to be cheat secure, so good-bye. Tell Master Chief I said hi.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Turns2Ashes said:
Kantham, it's your own fault you hate the game. I've said it before and I will continue to say it: STOP PLAYING ON DEMO SERVERS. How can you expect to have a decent experience playing on servers with no cheat protection whatsoever against players who are horrible?

I will agree that it's much easier to get people to play non-DM gametypes, however. DM in this game is simply skewed to favor those with good hitscan aim, and if people don't have this, they tend to avoid such things and go play with vehakals instead.

Have fun moving on to another game though. UT2007 is guaranteed not to be cheat secure, so good-bye. Tell Master Chief I said hi.

NO!
NOT HALO. Probably a.... Em.... Game, that, have..... em. GUNS. Never mind

If i do say that i go to another game, i'll never pay master chief a visit, not even after vista's out, Mkay? I'll probably just keep mapping for UT's, and even if i don't like ut2007 i'll just map for it. I will find out a gametype that i will like.

I KNOW. The demo servers are the only servers with people in it most of the time. I do have good games on the demo servers time to time. When i meet decent players there (aliasing of course). Demo server or not, the player scale is the same on all the freaking servers. And TAM sucks IMO.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Turns2Ashes said:

This is totally true!
In the two years I've been playing UT2k4 I can only remember a couple of occasions when I've been certain someone is using a bot on a regular pub. The demo servers are rife with it though.
Really, if you don't want to see cheating, don't play on demo servers. I appreciate your point that your regular servers are full (or empty), but this game is over 2 years old now, so it is harder to find decent servers.

It's a fair bet that the release of the 2k7 demo will see a lot of interest in the game and hopefully there'll be plenty of decent server to play on...across all gametypes.

On balance though, I do believe that the 2k4 online community is better than many games I've played. I used to play a lot of CoD, MoH, BF1942 and clanned briefly on Halo (this was all before 2k4), and all of them had a significantly higher ratio of idiots playing online.