XMP-Test

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I'm making a new map, XMP-Test. Looks like XMP, eh? :) I's not U2XMP, but actually it's Unreal II XMP Alpha that comes inside Unreal II. It has some alpha things like alpha Replicator, alpha Energy Source and even alpha ArtifactSpawnPoint. It's quite buggy and not too functional, but still lets you see how it was intended to be done. The test map is based on Severnaya. Probably will complete it tomorrow :)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
And here it is:
Download XMP-Test map

How to launch the map:
1. Put XMP-Test.un2 into your Unreal2/Maps folder.
2. Open User.ini file at Unreal2/System
3. Where you see Class=U2Pawns.U2PlayerSP , change it to either one of these:
Code:
Class=U2XMP.U2PlayerXMPMedium
Class=U2XMP.U2PlayerXMPHeavy
Class=U2XMP.U2PlayerXMPLight
4. Launch Unreal II
5. Hit the Tab key, enter open xmp-test and hit Enter.
6. Hit the Fire key to start the match (you start as a spectator initially).

How it works:
1. Find the Replicator. It's on a horn just in front of the place you spawn.
2. Near it, you will see a Navigation Point sprite (3 connected nodes), that's where the Replicator's production goes. Use the Replicator (not sure if necessary).
3. Go to the place where the Marines were fighting. You will see a strange antenna thing in the clearing - that's an Energy Source. Not sure how you take it though, probably you need to touch it.
4. The artifacts are on the bridge - pick one and return to the Replicator. You might jump off the bridge and dive, it's a lot of fun!
5. Use the Replicator, that way you will register the Artifact. There should already be some production at the Navigation Point sprite. Take anything there, and new production will be spawned. Note: some pickups are invisible, be sure to step on the sprite to get them. The last item from production is the Singularity Cannon!
6. You might walk further from the bridge and you will see an enemy base with a bot there. The bot is stupid though, and has only a Dispersion Pistol, but it spawns over and over again very rapidly. You can snag some items from the enemy Replication production spawn point.
7. You can press ~ key and see what things are reported. Esc key brings you back to the game.
8. Yeap, quite nothing else to do here, but at least that's fun :)

Technical stuff:
1. You can get any kind of items from the Replicator. Just make sure you add the item to the Replicator's properties and make sure it researches the item, then add that item to the ReplicatorSpawnPoint properties to make sure it is allowed to spawn those things.
2. You can assign any static meshes to Replicators, ReplicatorSpawnPoints, EnergySources and ArtifactSpawnPoints... Just remember that some things when added don't appear on the map, to select them you have to use the Search For Actors tool.

Have fun with the Unreal II integrated XMP Alpha! :)

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Nothing much to take, but as you wish :)

That's me (light) on the Replicator. The Replicator has spawned a Field Generator.

This is me on an Energy Source. No idea how to control it, maybe that has something to do with Energy Relays.

I planted an auto turret here :) Very XMP-ish. Note that U2 turrets are better than U2XMP's - they have lights below them that glow green if everything's OK, yellow if it's tracking and red if it's shooting. And it can shoot enemies back if they hit it without tracking :)

This is where the Artifacts spawn. You should theoretically win if you register both. Note that after you register one, you have to die to get the other artifact, and they never reset. The registered artifacts are very, very small. Maybe enemies can take them and register the registered arties?

The bot. He likes standing there, while I can take him out with the Sniper Rifle. Somehow the zoom effect didn't screenshot here, odd.

The very nice trail of dead bot :) Why aren't there effects like that in U2XMP :(

Singularity Cannon in action! :D I didn't knew it had that real gravity vortex effect, it lifts off the bot and sucks it in! And also the projectiles change their travelling directions, so this bot doesn't have a chance :)

Mar 6, 2004
Thanks, looks nice. I have no Unreal 2 anymore so i'll have to wait for other people to do this. Maybe bring it to u2xmp so we can try it there if possible?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Not possible, because the engines are very different. And you don't have the Singularity Cannon/Laser Rifle/Replicator/Energy Relay things there :) Of course, would be a nice mod, provided we already have the code...

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
So... Anyone tried it yet? It's really very interesting and fun (you get the Laser Rifle and the Singularity Cannon :D ). And you all *should* have Unreal II installed if you have U2XMP!

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Good stuff. Wish I had time to try it... maybe X'mas...

You never used the Singularity Cannon? Never finished The Awakening?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Why don't you have time then? It takes like 5 minutes, lol.
I have, I even replayed the whole campaign summoning the SC over and over again, but it's still very cool and you won't find it in XMP :) Wish they ported it over, then we could have a nice superweapon...

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I have messed up with this too, but I'll download your map when I will get my computer repaired.........

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I tried it...nice but not as playable as I thought it can be....

Anyway...I noticed there are spawned soldiers after you activate all three detonators still....

Last edited: