XMP is coming to UT2004! - Free Monkey Interactive Announces UT XMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
You're all gonna git pwned!! Muhahahahahaha, Muhahahhahaaa, er unless you pay me 1 miiiiillion dolllars...I owe mopap a few bags of money :-(

Last edited:

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I was just thinking about re-loading xmp up. XMP rocks. I had more fun playing it than I did on the ut2k4 demo.

If this comes out I'll get ut2k4 installed and start playing again.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
The Jackal-XMP said:
FOOL! it is the diamond monkey! i have proof! see pics below of me in the treterous landscape that i had to deal with. it was only burried under 3 feet of dirt and dead bodies! FOOL! of course i had to get past the snakes and pits! why am i yelling! !HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

it's a fraud,by closer examination of the pîcs you can see that it's edited with photoshop.

You never found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The secrets of the diamond monkey will never be revealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cake:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jubei said:
it's a fraud,by closer examination of the pîcs you can see that it's edited with photoshop.and i like men.

You never found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The secrets of the diamond monkey will never be revealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cake:

YOU LIE! it is real. look closer.

Last edited:

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
/\ºKamakazi said:
one word ... "Keep the same physics!" :D
LMAO, you really do have a morons mentality...no wonder your real life affairs suffer over XMP.

fireball said:
...one word? That's four.

:lol:

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but why is this game being developed for a game (UT2004) that will be effectively dead very soon? As you may recall, Epic stated that UT is now a yearly franchise: http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/future/future.php

Given Epic's history, previous versions of UT basically end up with zero support (in the form of new patches) once the new version is released. That is going to suck bigtime, because we are going to end up in another U2XMP situation, with no new patches for UT2004.

I sure as heck hope I'm missing something here, but if I'm not, my thought is why not code for the UT2005 engine?

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Bleeder said:
I sure as heck hope I'm missing something here, but if I'm not, my thought is why not code for the UT2005 engine?

Because the UT2005 engine is still U-Engine 2.5 like the document states. It's the same thing. Game content can be adapted to each version of the game just like how mods adapt to patches in UT2003/4.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Dragon_Myr said:
Because the UT2005 engine is still U-Engine 2.5 like the document states. It's the same thing. Game content can be adapted to each version of the game just like how mods adapt to patches in UT2003/4.
Ok this is good news. My main concern is that UTXMP runs on UT2005 upon release (not weeks/months after). Basically I would expect the same team doing UTXMP would be responsible for making sure it works in UT2005 (?).

Last edited:

Kaio

Apr 5, 2004
fireball said:
No. Shotgun is fine. The pistol is too powerful.

Negative.
Both weapons are fine, don't change anything please.
But it seems the Rocketlauncher isn't powerful enough. o_o"

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
so there are rumours that you don't need 2k4 discs too play utxmp

if it's true then i've decided on what product this year i wasted my money on

silly 2k4

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
that's a nice rumour. i certainly can't be bothered with ut2k4.... xmp is so much more elegant than YetAnotherDeathmatch..
doubt it's true though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.