XMP is coming to UT2004! - Free Monkey Interactive Announces UT XMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
MÆST said:
I replied to this thread to wish the devolopers good luck. Unfortunately, in replying I also subscribed to this thread and therefor have been alerted by email every time someone posts crap (which, as it turns out, is 99% of the time). Time to unsubscribe.

and this post = anthing but crap? why didnt you just unsub insted of telling us all your gonna unsub

LMFAO this is worse then are posts least we are on a topic

Peter Carlson

XMP Programmer
Sep 4, 2003
Aaron, MikeB, Scott and I all plan to help out in any way we can. Having said that, though: it's FMI's baby and we don't intend to try to run their show.

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
well i hope they stick to the sperit of xmp peater if not all they will be making is yet another ut2k4 play style

if they mod things to much its gonna endup being xmp only in name and that would suck

glad yall are helping though now if we could only get a patch for xmp :p

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
well thats not how you come across in what you have said it sounds like you plan to "fix" the game and "evolve" it

to me a strate port (as close as possable) then adding content would seem like the best rout since it would allow your team to get the game as spot on to what we have as possable and allow people to test the game and play it as you work on the new content
this would be far better then trying for an all in one mod that has ALOT more stuff to debug

if you started by making as close to a 1:1 copy of xmp as possable then debug it and work out the kinks then add more content in update packages in a cycled relice patern that would allow you to fix issues with less stress trying to track them down
since you would know that they where added by XXX patch/update

also it would let you balance the changes with grater ease

just my thoughts

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
hopefully they'll have that idea in mind when they are doing it

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
PF Prophet said:
well thats not how you come across in what you have said it sounds like you plan to "fix" the game and "evolve" it

to me a strate port (as close as possable) then adding content would seem like the best rout since it would allow your team to get the game as spot on to what we have as possable and allow people to test the game and play it as you work on the new content
this would be far better then trying for an all in one mod that has ALOT more stuff to debug

if you started by making as close to a 1:1 copy of xmp as possable then debug it and work out the kinks then add more content in update packages in a cycled relice patern that would allow you to fix issues with less stress trying to track them down
since you would know that they where added by XXX patch/update

also it would let you balance the changes with grater ease

just my thoughts

I think its been implicit that they were starting with the current XMP stuff and moving it over.

Honestly, how else would you port this?

I don't know exactly if they are planning on doing an iterative process as you have suggested. I assume they would like a bunch of new content to come out with the first release, in order to give the game some freshness.

Anyways, I think for the most part this discussion has died down. I have the fullest confidence in what FMI is doing. Its nice to see some Legend people giving them some backing as well. It also looks like some people are warming up to the idea as well.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Man alive, you people complain alot. That was why I stopped posting in this forum 6 months ago because everyone complained about the bugs in XMP...and now someone wants to extend it's life AND YOU KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT. FFS STFU AND GO DO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE!

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
hmm I swear i saw u bitchin about stuff too, jsyk - they are makin the mod for ut2k4 GET OVER IT. there are those doing stuff for xmp - DEAL WITH IT. but yah, w/e this **** topic has died

Saito

Banned
Dec 30, 2003
I have a real question....

will this require ut server specs... or willl this be dual xeon = pwned fiasco like xmp.

Setting up servers with a mod is simple... but if it requires the same steep hardware that xmp did than nothing is loved. and if it's easy to run a server, what did you change

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
woot,another week closer too the utxmp release date.
So how are you guys gonna map the deploys?
Please not just spawning in an empty area,make a pole or something xmp style.
Are you guys also thinking about developing the bike from xmp that was never used in the game?
I wish the monkey team no sleep and lot's of coffee so that the release date is even sooner. :)

Dead_Metal

Feb 13, 2004
they aim for the "make something unreal" contest - btw ty for rehashing this thread.

Air7725

Urusai
Sep 10, 2003
England
www.free-monkey.com
As brizz said when its done

we are aiming for a release around MSU phase 4 but we're not going to go all out and rush stuff just to make it befor then.

Summer 2004 as teh promo says :) :p

Last edited:

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Air7725 said:
As brizz said when its done

we are aiming for a release around MSU phase 4 but we're not going to go all out and rush stuff just to make it befor then.

Summer 2004 as teh promo says :) :p

sounds good, but i do hope it is released over a week before the deadline... after all if a lot of people use it then, i can guarantee a lot of bugs will be found quickly in maps, and the code.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
/me can't wait. FMI better hurry or I'm not sending them my congratulatory and thank you fruit basket of banana's :/

Status
Not open for further replies.