XMP-Alcazar (U2)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
It's 100% native. So no go here. But not a big loss anyways. I'm more concerned about the lack of JumpPads in U2 - that means that there will be no jumping in Alcazar jumpshafts for now. Maybe it will be possible to port the actor from UT2004 or U2XMP, yet they are also partly native. Not sure if the RC9 version has an actor like that though.

By the way, don't other people see this thread or what? :p

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I guess it is because of the maps section which is a bit off the main Unreal 2 section.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Maybe, but at least U2 has its own place for maps :D
Anyway, Alpha 11, I'm concentrating on eliminating the rest of graphical glitches. Now working on the shields, and they are quite nice. They require PulseLineGenerators, though, and those are a pain to convert... You have to spend half an hour copy-pasting coordinates from one editor to another.

Here's how Shield Controls look like (U2 style ;) and clicky, the thumbnail shows nothing):

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Still working on the PulseBeamGenerators, they're a pain... But started pathing, and by starting I mean copying all the paths (300 nodes) from UT2004. Bots seem to know how to use them. There are no RoadPathNodes, though, so not sure what to do with those... And I'll have to place pickups somewhere, too. Guess packs of ammo will go to the places where ammo stations were and to the bases, but where to add superweapons? I know a good place for two, under bridges, because that requires quite a lot of skill to reach, but what about others... Maybe on rooftops?

So anyway, the conversion is going near the end now. I need to finish paths, add pickups, finish PulseBeamGenerators (aarghhh!!), add Replicators, rebuild and that's about it.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Lol if you get the bots to jump across the bridges to the Cloud deploy, you get a cookie. FMI couldn't quite figure that out :lol:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I fixed that issue in my XMP-AlcazarFix2 in UTXMP :D Bots still fall, but not that often. As for here, no support for that yet because we don't have working jetpacks yet.

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
You don't need a jetpack to get across the bridges. You can walljump off the lip on the side of the bridge. You could possibly even do a simple dodge + normal jump to get across.

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Eh, ok. So do you think maybe this may have been the wrong map to port without jetpacks, walljump, or double-jump to get across bridge? I suppose you could put some jumppad's there or something.. I thought somewhere I read that the code for wall/double-jump was in U2, just not active/used?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Maybe, but Jetpacks will be a lot better because Alcazar makes it strategic. You have to research and build them, thus giving the first team to get the technology an advantage.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Fixed the jump shafts - it seems you only need to change U2JumpPad to U2Kicker and rename any Jump* properties to Kick* properties. Then you need to lower the velocity by 9%, change bKillVelocity to True and it will be perfect.
Also some work on paths. Anyone know what the wicked path colouring scheme is? What are orange paths? What's the difference between light green and dark green? Why are forced paths white?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
More work on pathing, almost completed it. More work on item placement, those bunkers make good storage points. And also completed optimising the map with AntiPortalActors. So only pathing needs to be complete and a few more items should be added, and it will be a beta.