XMP 2: What would you like to see?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigguy

[{OSN}]bigguy
Dec 12, 2003
more maps and maybe a new vehical wud be gd and Dru998 just save the ini files then under ur name and jsut change them round

UnrealStinger

Stinger
Mar 2, 2004
mmmm maybe XMP is a long shot but improving XMP first would also be a good idea, do we actually have any XMP staff here to see this?

Dead_Metal

I'm something - But I don't know what.
Feb 13, 2004
Legend is gone :\

Uh Twrecks, why not just expand it from the original engine, I mean XMP is not about frag based fun as UT series has been (see - shoot - kill - repeat), but let us expand it on to something even better. Ut2k4 is great and all but XMP isn't meant for it, thats why XMP was for Unreal 2 and not UT2k4.

neways - on with the show.

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
XMP wasn't "meant" for anything.

XMP was made for Unreal 2 because people wanted MP for it, not because UT2K3/4 was "omg teh sux0r!!1 LoZl1!11".

Last edited:

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
From what Aaron siad, how would one go about transferring XMP acroos to UT2k4? I'm quite interested in that, as that may be a possible way to try and increase FPS and also reduce bandwidth and therefore lag too...

AAron Leiby "I wish we could post the original xmp design doc as it already includes a lot of what people are asking for here plus several things not yet mentioned. Alas, the constraints of development!"

I wish that could happen too! it would be really interesting to see the origional intentions and ideas that came about...

if you could swin that'd be cool, and if you shot the shock lance you could electricute everyone close to you :D

APAUX

Banned
Feb 15, 2004
I was talking to someone the other day about what should be in XMP.

I said that a vehicle was missing from the whole xmp experience. I thought that there should be a boat. Different kinds of boats. I thought there should be a level made on water and people should use boats to get to enemy base and to get energy. Everyone riding the boats would try and blowup enemy boats from reaching thier base and such.

Another idea I have thought of just now is that xmp should have an in-game irc built into it. Tribes 1 and 2 had that so you can check the chatroom while playing the game. It beats the purpose of ALT/TAB-ing to open mirc and ALT/TAB-ing to wait a few seconds for XMP to fully load again. Just an idea.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
XMP-WaterWorld...
Be simple as making a mutator that replaced the 3 stock vehicles with your own aqua-versions. In that case pseudo-sub/hydo foil craft where under water=slow stealth/above water=fast. Nice concept, but only on specific maps not as a whole. And as EMS stated, swimming animations would need to be added meaning a patch.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Yo Dead_Metal
The DeployPoint special effects time and spin time can be set in Ued by the mapper, so ergo by a mutator (being an advanced property). see:

Attachments

• dpp.jpg
    dpp.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 27

UnrealStinger

Stinger
Mar 2, 2004
so if Legend our dead who would update/make a new on anyway. Cant a group of us get together and work on it, i know a few map skills and things as i make maps for other games...

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
I really liked that idea of have a good and evil version of each class with different skins and maybe different alt-fires on the weapons... and a translocator would be cool and maybe some kind oif cloaking...

as for vechiles... i think some sort of battle mech would be awesome...

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
imho,please no translocator,sometimes it's already bad when two come for you're arts and get in a rap,imagine if they had translocators,10 sec to enemy's base and back,no thanks. :eek:

Here are some more ideas

Ok, 1st atleast make that damn Motorcycle work. It's called the Vapor, and it's already in the XMP. LE just never finished it. There is even a static mesh for this little croch rocket.

2: Gas?? You do realize that if you have no enegry you can't drive your car. Which is like gas, in a way. but it's a good idea.

3: A moveable boat. One that we could hop on and float around. We kinda need one, cuz my map could really use one, and so could a few others. And what a cool addition.

4: Make the Female skins/voices useable. I don't know why they didn't put them in. I have a few concept drawings from LE that they were going to do. (BAD ATARI, BAD)

5: A Digital Self Image Projector or a Digital Image Projector (DIP). what does a DIP do? here i tell you. Think of R2D2 from StarWars. He can project things into thin air. Make something like a camera that can take either a still shot or motion capture of a particular area that you could set down. then you set down the DIP and it would project the image that it recives on to a wall/person/car or just thin air possibly. But make is do static some times, so it's some what obvious that someone is hiding behind the projected image. and make it last only like 1 min or 30 seconds, just enough to hid someone for a short time.

Instructions on how to use this DIP: 1st place the Image Recoder anywhere in the map and point it to something within 15' feet of the desired image, you wish to capture. 2nd, run away really far, and place the Image Projector by a wall/thin air and it will automaticly turn on and project the image.

Splinter

rifk
Feb 29, 2004
Over there!
My ideas:
- New class?
- the deploy thingy you can see in the concept art
- ability to change your skins on the players but not too much or it'll go to much ut like
- all the vehicle suggestions (i.e limit ammo and tech repair) and new vehicle for transporting alot of troops (about 6? 1 driving, 1 gunning 4 riding...)
- also a search function on the server list (for finding friends/team members also maps and player numbers/limites...etc..)
There probally loads more but i can't think at the moment. i wouldnt change alot because xmp is mostly perfect and mainly needs alot of players.
LONG LIVE XMP! :D

Last edited:

Sillow

Feb 27, 2004
I wanna see linear launch pads like in sonic :D

I know there are the upwards ones, but being launched towards the blue base at a huge 45 degree angle would be kick ass. I could pretend to be a catapult. hehe

APAUX

Banned
Feb 15, 2004
How about....

Everyone who knows anything about editting maps and players and such BECOME a new company. Work on the idea of XMP2 all together. Few work on maps, others work on female models, others work on music.

In the end, we would have XMP2 made by the xmp community which would be passed around for free.

I like the idea of good and evil classes with each class having different alt-fire stuff. I, also, like the idea of cloaking but would people on 0 detail be able to see cloakers or not? I do like the digital self projector. I think that would be cool. that way your opponent has to think twice to figure out which is the real you. ranger's shouldn't have it tho. I think techs or gunners should. If cloaking works out, there has to be some kind of way that you can see them. like.... seeing dust fly from thier foot from each step they take unless you are in a building.

If anyone wants any music for levels and such. I can create some for you.

UnrealStinger

Stinger
Mar 2, 2004
That would be good, maybe someone open a forum or something???

I can do simple maps at the moment and can improve and am in a band, maybe use some of our music :)

Status
Not open for further replies.