Xbox Live Two-Month Free Trial

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Original

Nov 21, 2004
Hello. I was wondering if anyone had a Xbox Live Two-Month Free Trial that I could have? If you can give me a code for Xbox Live, please private message me it.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Don't listen to these fags, they couldn't even get sex from Michael Jackson so they are kinda pissy. ;)

I got a code that you can use, i'll send it to you over private message. You have to hurrt up though because its no longer valid after this month. It still gives you two months, you just can't use the code anymore to make a live account after this month.

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
tool said:
fhqwhgads

Ok let's see...ah yes, I think this is the form for you. This would the "Please validate my outbursts because I'm stupid". Fill that out, and have it ready when the doctor calls. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
lol @ Micheal Jackson comment

btw this may be a dumb question but I really don't know the answer. What is the point of paying for xbox live? People like you and I run the online servers, not Microsoft, correct? So why the hell are you paying for servers that are running off of your bandwidth? I could understand paying if Microsoft ran high speed servers kind of like massive multiplayer online games do, but as far as I know regular players host the servers from their houses, so why does it cost money to play?

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Twisted Metal said:
I could understand paying if Microsoft ran high speed servers kind of like massive multiplayer online games do, but as far as I know regular players host the servers from their houses, so why does it cost money to play?
That's just what's stupid about Xbox Live, and why there are ways to play without using it, iirc. :)

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Well, Microsoft attempts to compensate by giving players some features you usually associate with subscription services like, uhh... Okay, I dunno, but there are scoreboards n stuff.

In the end I guess you pay 50 bucks to hook into a pretty standardized service. You know there's voice chat, everyone playing (okay, 70% now thanks to 2 months free) have a mic, and so forth.

Having that said, xbox live was the worst 50 bucks I've ever spent. People have told me it depends on the game, but I've experienced nothing but an inane amount of bitching. Nothing says quality quite like a 7 year old black kid talking smack about my dear momma. Yes, the fact he was black made it funnier.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Micrsoft's Xbox live service provides the same stuff that their Zone.com service has been providing since 1996, and zone.com is free and has always been. So yeah I agree with twistedmetal, xbox live does suck. I think they charge a fee to make up for the fact that they lose so much money on the sales of xbox's. But they are making a profit now off of the xbox finally. Makes me wonder if Xbox live on the Xbox 2 will be free or not, probably not.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Not 100% relevant, but I found this.

As already stated, I'm not a fan of xbox live, but for 20 bucks, I'd take the bite.

GunnerX

2345 Posts
Mar 14, 2000
Canadia
www.gunnerx.com
It's all about convenience. I can just pop a game in and invite all my friends to what I'm playing even if they're playing a totally different game. New maps, new weapons, characters, etc. Scoreboards, time tracking, stats, and everything. Being able to leave voice messages to anyone on your list with no requirements of any extra software.

To me it's worth it because most of the games I play are Live games. I don't buy single player games anymore. My friends and I have a night where we all play for several hours online. If you're a loner without any friends you can still make use of it by jumping on public servers.

Yes this is available on PC games but you will have to setup your account differently for every single game. With Xbox Live your gamertag remains for all games with no setting up required. Just put the game in and go.

However, these reasons will most likely be ridiculed in a forums for PC based games. I used to be a hardcore UT player but got sick of all the upgrades required. I maxxed out my hardware to play UT at insane FPS but when UT2k1 came out, I was barely able to get 20fps. That was when I quit and transferred over to the Xbox. I haven't touched my PC for games since. :) I wonder how my P4 2.4Ghz with ATI Radeon 9800 Pro will run today's games.