Xbox Headset

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Original

Nov 21, 2004
Hello. I have a monologue television and when I play Xbox Live online, the sound of the game, and the voice chat tunes each other out. I can not hear the voice chat because my television is monologue. If I get a headset, will I hear the voice chat in the headset, and the sound from the television solving my problem? Or, will the sound still only go through that one sound port and still be messed up? If this can solve my problem, where can I get the cheapest Xbox Live headset? Thank you.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
This kid really loses at life...

Yes if you get a headset you'll be able to hear what people are saying just fine. But don't you think you are a little young to even be on the internet in the first place?

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
tool said:
This kid really loses at life...

Yes if you get a headset you'll be able to hear what people are saying just fine. But don't you think you are a little young to even be on the internet in the first place?

im just glad this one can spell

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
discreet said:
right tool, because you are a real winner. kill yourself irl :lol:

Atleast I helped him, which is more then I can say about your **** post here. So how about you go kill yourself first? :rolleyes:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Mredria said:
Why does every one hate tool? I don't understand your rage towards him.
Unless he has inferior DNA or something.
Does he?

They just have a penis problem and are jealous and need to take it out on someone.

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
Mredria said:
Why does every one hate tool? I don't understand your rage towards him.
Unless he has inferior DNA or something.
Does he?

Maybe not inferior, just speshul ;)
Plus "hate" is too strong a word, maybe "get pissed off with" or even "very frustrating" (see sig).
If BU ever had a freaky ginger haired step child, well that would be tool :D

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
BU should introduce some sort of age barrier... 15 sounds correct.
A few years ago I would'Ve opposed this idea but the last few months have showed that all 13 year olds of today are ritalin happy kids who're better off six feet under.
Btw. I enjoy making fun of Tool but that doesnt mean that I hate or loath him... BU ot or #bu would suck without Tool! And one day I'll succeed in teaching him the difference between to and too, too!

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
As has been demonstrated countless times, age does not have an impact on how a person will be. you can find some 13 year olds that have perfect spelling, grammar and such, and that you wouldn't even guess were 13, more like 18, unless they said. the same also applies in reverse, there's a lot of older people, some 20+ even, who act like infants would be expected to act. so discriminating by age is NOT a good idea, as it is not at all an indication of how the person is.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Syri said:
As has been demonstrated countless times, age does not have an impact on how a person will be. you can find some 13 year olds that have perfect spelling, grammar and such, and that you wouldn't even guess were 13, more like 18, unless they said. the same also applies in reverse, there's a lot of older people, some 20+ even, who act like infants would be expected to act. so discriminating by age is NOT a good idea, as it is not at all an indication of how the person is.

In pre-2004 this was correct.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
-=Brandon=- said:
Hello. I have a monologue television and when I play Xbox Live online, the sound of the game, and the voice chat tunes each other out. I can not hear the voice chat because my television is monologue. If I get a headset, will I hear the voice chat in the headset, and the sound from the television solving my problem? Or, will the sound still only go through that one sound port and still be messed up? If this can solve my problem, where can I get the cheapest Xbox Live headset? Thank you.

Brandon,

IIRC, you can change your settings on how you want the output to be. You can 1) have both come out of your TV, 2) have voice go through your headset and other sounds out the tv, or 3) have both voice and general sounds come through your headset. Again, this is in accordance with my best recollection. I KNOW this can be done in Halo2. I just don't know if it's a system setting or if it's game specific.

Now having said that, all the reviews I've read concerning XBox headsets suggest that you pretty much get what you pay for. A $14 set of headphones may work fine, but don't expect ground-breaking quality of sound. The official XBox headset is one of the better headsets in terms of sound quality, but are a bit more pricey (around $30 I believe). I've been told that the Halo2 headset has superior quality, but is quite expensive ($60?).

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
Balton said:
In pre-2004 this was correct.
yes. as soon as the clock turned 2005, all the under 15s started acting like retards! damn that biological disfunction! at least it made all the over 15s grow up though...