X-Men 3 to premiere before the Wolverine movie, and the Magneto movie.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
"Cinescape Online reported a rumor that Underworld helmer Len Wiseman has been asked to direct Wolverine, a spinoff of the X-Men movies. David Benioff (Troy) has been asked to write the screenplay for the film, which will center on Hugh Jackman's character from the Marvel Comics films.

The site offered no further information on Wiseman's role, whether he was the only director approached or whether he's accepted the job. Wiseman is currently directing Underworld 2, the sequel to his 2003 vampires-vs.-werewolves movie, starring his wife, Kate Beckinsale.

The Xmenfilms.net Web site, meanwhile, reported that neither Wolverine nor a reported Magneto film will be completed before a third X-Men movie. Citing an anonymous source at 20th Century Fox, the site reported that finishing a third X-Men film is the studio's top priority. The third installment in the franchise came into question when X-Men director Bryan Singer dropped out to helm a new Superman Returns movie for Warner Brothers; Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon is rumored to be in line to write and direct the third X-Men.

The studio reportedly included Halle Berry's character, Storm, in the script for the third film, though Berry is not expected to reprise the role.

The studio is set on getting X-Men 3 out for a 2006 release, the site reported."

Read it up!
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=7&id=30013
http://www.xmenfilms.net/

If Bryan Singer isn't directing, that's on the top of my list of things that could ruin a third movie. Look at Batman 3.

Jackman not replaying the role is unlikely I think...I mean Wolverine pretty much gave him his career.

And I really hope these spin-off ideas don't work out. Spin-off movies/shows almost always suck.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
if jackman comes back, fine. if he doesn't, well, wolverine did alright before him. can you say the same for jackman? :p