Wut's happened to NaliCity

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I know that from the title, this is already going to be a ramble... but it's a sunday and that is what a sunday is for.
I've only recently re-joined the Beyondunreal network, after beeing AWOL for a good year or two.
When I left this forum was the place to learn and readup about mapping. There was no where better for reviews and help on mapping. This was still around the time NC was on PU... so you can tell how long ago this was.
Anyhows, I re-joined NC to freshen up on my mapping skillz for UT2K and read some nice reviews, to guide me through the rubbish, so i could have some nice new levels to play.
NO - not possible.
NC seems more like a bar from the 70's now... the odd old man sitting at a dusty chair, rambling on to himslef, with the odd kid comming in to chat shyte for a minute or two before he buggers off.
I know that there is nothing that anyone can really do about this, but I'm just dissapointed that there is no place I can go for everything to do with UT mapping... which is what NaliCity used to be all about.
I came, I rambled... and I'll sit down at that dusty chair and ramble on... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Main problem is that the regulars here either got bored and went their ways/lurk in other stuff all day or got hired. We don't seem to be getting any new people here actually interested in maps...well...that's not exactly true, we do get new people here but they all seem convinced that you can make a decent map in 3 hours :con:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
yup, the people to hel pout are here but there is only a constant flood of MY BOAX SI TEH BETTAR GAHMEPLEY-mappers or trolls. Hopefully with 2k4 being a better game we'll get more serious people intrested in mapping.

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
Lol I got sucked into graphic art more than anything, im coming back here and there but not as much as I used to. Also I deleted by UT games (Awww) but I plan to purchase 2k4 soon so that I'll kick me back into the forums, probably start mapping again too.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
I think once a good amount of people get UT2004, things will start up again. I'm sure when U1 came out, it took a while to get things started. The game has only been out for a month, and the only real thing that has lasted is UT. UT2003 helped some, but it isn't holding all the support, and U2 rather flopped.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
also, there was a dirrect link to NaliCity in the multiplayer tab of UT to dnld maps, so the game itself brought people here with a hyperlink.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
As soon as I’m released from prison, I can start posting regularly again and get this place fired up like before. At the moment, though, I …

STOP IT, STEVE!! STOP IT!!

…sorry about that. My cellmate, Steve, is somewhat impulsive and a homosexual. I have to fight off his advances from time-to-time.

Anyway, where were we? Oh, yes, the stagnant NC thing… I will be out of school in about a month and I'll have more time to create chaos at this site. That should bring the natives out of the woods.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I guess mapping questions for UT2k4 is what made me want to check back here again.
I guess one problem (unfortunately not a solution MassChaos) is that witht eh SE edition, it guides towards the 3Dbuzz forums... and not here.
Maybe be an idea, if someone could get them to link here... even though theres not much here atm to convince them to do so...
Maybe if we could find tutorials and maybe a more regular review system...
i'm not sure... I don't really know what could help... well, one would be a patient (i hate this word) but n00b helper.... as many kids get frustrated with mapping... *sigh* i don't know.

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
The 3dbuzz forums look fairly active... the INA forums are just as active too...

Seems we're at the mercy of content and the game developers... No content to bring users here and no in game link.

NC does have support for tutorials and stuff... obviously the review support is there... just the man power is missing or something.

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
IMO there are a number of factors:

There used to be a lot of people here who really knew their stuff and posted regularly, and as someone said they've moved on.

2K3, in a lot of people's opinions, sucked big time.

NC3 took a long time to appear, and unfortunately coincided with 2K3.

I hope 2K4 has things perking up a bit. Personally I've had no interest in mapping for 2K3 (ONS has been the first thing to get me excited about games for a while), and so have worked on mods instead. NC was the first review site I found and actually liked though; the structure here is great.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
i take up no space. i am negative energy... i operate at 345 Ghz with a wavelength of .455 meters and i am known to corrupt rabid beavers with black majicks and bizarre alien technology

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
BangOut said:
i take up no space. i am negative energy... i operate at 345 Ghz with a wavelength of .455 meters and i am known to corrupt rabid beavers with black majicks and bizarre alien technology

and I can emit death rays.... from my anus... let's just call them death clouds...

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
MassChAoS said:
The 3dbuzz forums look fairly active... the INA forums are just as active too...

Seems we're at the mercy of content and the game developers... No content to bring users here and no in game link.

NC does have support for tutorials and stuff... obviously the review support is there... just the man power is missing or something.

At unrealtournament.com they have links for sites like NC. We could submit a link for our site, see if that attracts anyone, at the very least it's free advertising. :tup:

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
I can bend strudel in my bare hands...

...and...errr...who is this "dub" guy?...I don't remember him from the ooooold days...