WTF the gunner is nerfed in UTXMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tenacity

noob for life
Aug 18, 2004
MurderousPandaa said:
Rangers and techs are too fast and powerful in this version. Beef up the gunner a good bit to even things out.

Here is a list of some tweaks that should be done to even out the balance in this game:....

Do these things and we will have a balanced game on our hands.

:lol: :con: rofl omg rofl the tears , my sides that is so funny, and to think that ppl thought you were serious just makes it so much funnier. :lol: :lol: that is hilarious! :lol:

...and those are some great tweaks there cpn'n kewl :eek: :lol:

Tenacity

noob for life
Aug 18, 2004
PhatAzz said:
well, fireball, that's how bad the forums have been...the sh*t posted is so ridiculous that your post can't be discerned from comedy and sarcasm to a serious one.

Panda...
There is a slight possibility that people did feel your post was comical and decided to play along with it because the sarcasm in your initial post was somewhat crappy towards people who enjoy the gunner class.

You poke fun at the gunners being overpowered or the balance being totally off, but for your sarcastic rouse to work - the unbalance you talk about must be grossly apparent.

So your initial purpose in trying to show how obvious the imbalance is between gunner and the other classes has sorely missed its mark. In fact, it shows that it must not be as obvious as people think, as you post was taken seriously.

Now, if you were a noob, I would have actually considered it serious, but since it came from you. I knew it was a joke.

:rolleyes: I think that the only people that could take that seriously are ppl who either haven't played utxmp much or not at all. ;) or the only class they have played is gunner :( and now they think they are a leet utxmp god :D

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
As all our beta testers were vD, and everyone on vD is a gunner, we specifically tailored the game to them.

Well the cat is out of the bag now. There were two bombs revealed there. 1. all of vD is gunners, if you see a vD tech, it's a fake. a faux voodoo so to speak. I sometimes play as tech, just to throw people off.

2. UTXMP is specifcally designed for team Voodoo. We've paid them in exorbitant amounts of Bawls, twinkies, and gummy bears for Indy(friggin wierdo) in order to do so. I might aswell tell you everything. When this goes gold, everyone but voodoo will be automatically handicapped and will only be capable of wielding "tethered force walls". you can deploy them but an invisible string will be attached so can't wander too far. Like fish in a barrel....

Last edited:

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
Captain Kewl said:
As all our beta testers were vD, and everyone on vD is a gunner, we specifically tailored the game to them.

now you got my attention. and it sounds about accurate. i guess nbk wasnt reaching around far enough to beta test.

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
Captain Kewl said:

now you got my attention. and it sounds about accurate. i guess nbk wasnt reaching around far enough to beta test. but at least most of us still <3 fmi

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
dizzo...You're tin-foil hat is a little too tight. I hear Reynold's Wrap is highly reccomended, prefferably the non-stick kind. It's kind hard to keep it on at first but when curled up in corner mumbleing there is nothing better.;)

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
Maxx said:
dizzo...You're tin-foil hat is a little too tight. I hear Reynold's Wrap is highly reccomended, prefferably the non-stick kind. It's kind hard to keep it on at first but when curled up in corner mumbleing there is nothing better.;)

could you give me some pointers on doing this, cause i know youre pro. maybe help beta test the non stick wrap then we could tweak it a bit to my liking. maybe with some duct tape or a larger wrapping radius, and it could insta kill people who come near me! that would be cool.