WTF the gunner is nerfed in UTXMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Dec 4, 2004
Rangers and techs are too fast and powerful in this version. Beef up the gunner a good bit to even things out.

Here is a list of some tweaks that should be done to even out the balance in this game:

-Make the ranger crosshairs smaller for all weapons
-Make rangers and techs take more time to reload
-Increase gunner rocket damage and splash area
-Give gunners more boost power and speed
-Decrease ranger and tech overall health and shield
-Remove tech deployables entirely
-Make tech gas cloud and ranger smoke cloud smaller, it's wayyyy too overpowered as it stands now

Do these things and we will have a balanced game on our hands.

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
Nice trolling man. Now the gunner is just as strong as it should. Just learn how to play it well before you come to whine here. I´ve no problem with bashing tehcs/rangers with gunner so you shouldn´t too. But if you´re newpie to XMP then it may be a little tricky but possible although.
"Remove tech´s deployables" hmmmm. Why on Earth would he then be called tech? You´re lolled and trolled. Get lost. Concentrate on gaming rather than writing crap on this forum coz your´re not as good in trolling as you might think. :fluffle:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Nerfed ? A gunner can easily bring down a ranger at long distance with a nicely placed rocket. That wasn't possible in U2:XMP.

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
This makes sense to me because rockets tend to be pretty fast. Unlike the bullets they fly at much slower speed than in reality. Rockets and missiles go at speed of 1-4 machs depending on it´s usage. Killing stupid snipers from distances was possible in U2 but quite difficult still. Some people don´t get it that the beeps and triables stand for homing rockets and just keep on sniper camping. My special was in these cases to fire 4 homing minirockets and right after them a big one---> they hit simultaneously killing the poor stupido in half sec.

B4NE

Unregistered User
Mar 17, 2004
Atlanta, Georgia
www.optikal-illuzionz.com
honestly, I've kinda felt the exact opposite since I got on utxmp, the gunner seems more powerful now than it did before. I used to always play as a tech but now on utxmp i've switched to gunner mainly because I got tired of getting beat down by gunners lol. techs seem more like they've lost alot of power but gained in their hacking speed. almost makes them useless in unorganized public servers.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
well, fireball, that's how bad the forums have been...the sh*t posted is so ridiculous that your post can't be discerned from comedy and sarcasm to a serious one.

Panda...
There is a slight possibility that people did feel your post was comical and decided to play along with it because the sarcasm in your initial post was somewhat crappy towards people who enjoy the gunner class.

You poke fun at the gunners being overpowered or the balance being totally off, but for your sarcastic rouse to work - the unbalance you talk about must be grossly apparent.

So your initial purpose in trying to show how obvious the imbalance is between gunner and the other classes has sorely missed its mark. In fact, it shows that it must not be as obvious as people think, as you post was taken seriously.

Now, if you were a noob, I would have actually considered it serious, but since it came from you. I knew it was a joke.

Last edited:

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
yawn.gif

Dec 4, 2004
PhatAzz said:
Panda...
There is a slight possibility that people did feel your post was comical and decided to play along with it because the sarcasm in your initial post was somewhat crappy towards people who enjoy the gunner class.

You poke fun at the gunners being overpowered or the balance being totally off, but for your sarcastic rouse to work - the unbalance you talk about must be grossly apparent.
Here is a list of some tweaks that should be done to even out the balance in this game:

-Make the ranger crosshairs smaller for all weapons
-Make rangers and techs take more time to reload
-Increase gunner rocket damage and splash area
-Give gunners more boost power and speed
-Decrease ranger and tech overall health and shield
-Remove tech deployables entirely
-Make tech gas cloud and ranger smoke cloud smaller, it's wayyyy too overpowered as it stands now

Between asking to decrease the overall health and shield of techs and rangers, and removing the tech deployables completely, I think it's pretty obvious.

It's also made alot of other things obvious too.... ;)

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
MurderousPandaa said:
Between asking to decrease the overall health and shield of techs and rangers, and removing the tech deployables completely, I think it's pretty obvious.

It's also made alot of other things obvious too.... ;)

Well, I think that's why people thought you were a noob or something.

Personally, I found it funny - until there were actual posts that considered it serious. Then we have a issue of misinformation going out again.

I dunno, you got 2 people to bite at it as serious post. Laf.

Albeit, I did use it to preach balance, grins evilly. :D

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
pffffffffffffffffft gunner>all it would be pointless and EXTREMELY CHEAP to lower the health or shields of any of the characters, if u get rid of deployables it completely messes up techs chances at def, making crosshairs smaller, which i would like, makes aiming alot eaiser, the reload time is almost perfect, but the fact that you cant switch weapons instead of waiting to reload is annoying, the gas and smoke clouds take too long to form, but smaller gas would be nice, gunner splash is 1000000000000000x larger than in u2xmp, they kept all the same damages from weapons... they should fix headshots though (they are still there they just dont work with the u2xmp weapons was playing in a server with a mutator that had ut2k4 weapons loaded http://img142.exs.cx/img142/7108/shot000450vd.jpg) gunners are meant to be slow because if they could track down a tech then they would win eaisly, but they should de-nurf conc jumping. gunners are meant to be slow because they carry alot of ammo and shields and some big guns.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I was wondering how long it would take someone to start this thread, what with all the Ranger nerfed/Tech sucks threads complaining about the gunner. Someone in one of them actually asked, "Where is the 'the gunner's nerfed' thread?"

You did miss one, though: Since Rangers and Techs are already faster than Gunners, they should be banned from vehicle use.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
How about you just kill off rangers and techs - you might as well. Looking at their input to the game in it's current state they have virtually none...

Something tells me most beta testers played gunner?