Would this be possible?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HollowPoint

TBuildT mapper
Oct 21, 2000
I don't want to spoil all the surprises of my map yet.
But lets say you are walking underground..you hear the fighting above you and the lights in the tunnels are slowly flickering.
Then you hear a Fighter flying over at real low altitude...3 secconds after that you hear a serie of HUGE explosions..the entire map is shaking and the light are smashed out for 7 secconds..then the light will go on again.

Ok, the 'shaking' could be done with a EarthQuake trigger and making the sounds...no problem
But how to link them?

The Fighter sounds must be linked to the EarthQuake trigger..and the EarthQuake triggers the lights to go out for 7 sec's.

Possible? (J/N) It would be extremly cool! Experienced players could even benefit from the tempory blackout to atack.

ak.gif

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Sounds like a job for a Dispatcher_Trigger.

Or even two Dispatchers.

A prox trigger avtivates the diapatcher which sets off its timed events.

Other stuff that can remind ppl of...

load the realworld.u that I expect you all have in there you will find three objects.

A rw_RandomDispatcher this will activate ONLY one of the eight possible events listed in its array of events. One will be triggered, the array is scanned from 0 to n where n is the last one set up. (Used within the InfTrainingLevel to control the windows)

A rw_Elevator_Trigger this will allow you to activate it by its tag name which will in turn move its assigned Elevator_Mover to frame n, so you daisy_chain. (Used with the ITL to control the Move_See targets).

A rw_Rocket projectile... a tweaked eightball rocket with no smoke trail, no dynamic light, very very fast you may not see it, but the impact is cool plus I added some scraphel which hurts.

All free to use and will not ever change unless someone finds a bug.

Bastard'O