UE3 - UT3 won't open level

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MualamaAlien

Giggity Giggity
Mar 1, 2009
Earth
i've been working on a level and it was all going fine. then i had to reinstall ut3 because it stopped working and when i went to open it back up it crashes everytime during loading. all the other levels work except for this one! anyone know why or how to fix this?

Phoenix_Wing

Official Kantham Stalker
Mar 28, 2008
California
Non standard packages usually cause this (Non epic textures, meshes, etc). Can you remember any? Also does it say anything on the error?

MualamaAlien

Giggity Giggity
Mar 1, 2009
Earth
nope, all of the stuff is from ut3. there is no custom content in it as of yet.

and there is no error, it just crashes the editor (gives me the send error report/don't send thing)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Last time I could even open VCTF-Rails, I renamed the UT3 folder from mydocs, and it worked. Didn't bother with single ini files that could cause the problem. :p

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
sry, how do i do that?

its cool...go to your editor short cut and right-click on it and then open its properties.

Once the properties box is open you simply add -log to the end of what is already in the target.

This is what mine looks like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" editor -mod=..\BoxWars\Config -log

Yours should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" editor -log*

*Not sure if you need the - or not and don't add the * that is to show that you should be reading this!

Last edited: