Wont detect player starts.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
I already posted this in trubleshooting and got no help so maybe someone can help here.Well every time i try to play my map(i havnt even seen the damn thing in game yet)it crashes well what it does is you luanch the map it goes to the blue loading screen than it crashes the whole game and says it cant find any where to spawn your guy and says possibly need a player start actor witch im 10000000% sure that I do so does any one whats up and if not is there sumthin i could use instead of a player start??

Thanx!!

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Just go back to UED & verify where you have your playerstart. You should probably have more than 1 (especially if you want it to be played by people :p), and make 100% sure they're placed in open space, & not buried in a wall or underground or something...

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
Thanx but its not that im experienced enough to know that this prob goes deeper than that so does anyone know of something I can use instead I think the player starts kinda died.

DarkSniper

Do something other than design levels?
Jun 6, 2001
Tennessee
www.combatmaps.com
Alrighty, dude if you have already tried the posts above, try deleting all your player starts and adding them , elsewhere. You may have tried this, but try it again. Also try right clicking on a path node and selecting all pathnodes and ordering to last. Then rebuilding all and saving

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
Ok that didnt work ive been fidlen with this damn thing for like 4 days now so unless theres a break through when i get home from schhol tomarow im starten over:( :mad:

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
Pretty much nuthin... I dont have much done cause when i tried to play test it that didnt work so construction of the map pretty much stopped i didnt like the idea of makeing some huge thing (my plan was to make a big military train next ) and than find out it looks like sh*t......oh and so far no new textures.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Sh*t, if you want to send me the map, I'm dying to see what it going on. I wonder if your install of UT has a problem.

Would you mind sending it to my email below? I promise not to show it to anyone

Last edited:

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
Well thanx.....but I think ill just start over I didnt have too much done anyways but again thanx for the offer.(I mean with all the trouble ive gone through if I started over when I posted this ide have like 3 times more than i do now)