1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WMP Contest Poll, whats your fav weap?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Postal, Mar 20, 2004.

?

What's you're fav?

1. Sam Master's Bouncing Lightning Gun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Parser's Underslinger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dubucodes's LiveBioRifle ("Bio-Gunn")

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Donator's Disruptor

33.3%
  5. DemonThing's OilGun

16.7%
  6. Soldat's da_colt 2004

50.0%
  7. RoFL_451's Lava Caster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ROFL 451

ROFL 451 Twisted Mind

Ok, here is the deal, at least from what I remember, if I remember correctly.

Kill with any other weapon = 1 Credit
    Kill with any attachment/bullet from the Colt = 2 Credits

bling bling

2. debucode

debucode More twisted than evil, man and machine.

Hey, the pak is on the BU news.

My impressions:
    - I like the alt-disruptor (like the flames)
    - I like the colt bullets (single and burst, esp with the sights). Basically like using it
    as itself versus multi-weapon.
    - Also setting things on fire from the alt-disruptor and oil gun. Like flame effects.
    - DemonThing3, are those wood chairs, or some kind of napalm gel?
    - Prefer the underslinger's alt-alt fire to its other modes (orange smoke over green
    smoke, also I like the tactile nature of that gun).
    - Wish the lava from the lavacaster were even more and didn't leave a green decal.
    - Would like it if the bouncy lightning bounced more, or maybe bounced to form
    geometric shapes. Or hit a guy, bounced away, then bounced back at him. Okay,
    now I'm starting to talk features.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  3. SamMaster

SamMaster Master of the Super Weapons

you're picky man.

4. soldat

soldat resident potato

geometric shapes!

any thoughts about doing a contest (or collaborative) pak of some sort for ut2k4?

5. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

I was going to(Doc and I got up to 200 dollar grand prize), but since I couldnt get 10 entries for this one, I wont do another.

Soldat, sorry for the delay, but I will get you that payment after the 1st. What do you perfer check or money order?

6. soldat

soldat resident potato

well, maybe not a contest, but just a collaborative effort to make something new... from you, kangus, and whoever else is game.

i'll e-mail ya check details in a bit, thanks!

7. debucode

debucode More twisted than evil, man and machine.

SamMaster, I guess I am kind of picky. I was just thinking some kind of Spirograph Lightning gun could be pretty cool/insane. Or a Qix gun - shoots out bars of lightning kind of like the bola weapon in Onslaught, except they would bounce around more.

I am probably up for some kind of small scale something. Kind of interested in doing things with vehicles and/or physics and/or game modes.

8. Postal

I considered making another WoD mod(the gods know there have been a dozen) Or something like a submission mod, like Project Unreal.

But, If I couldnt get 10 entries for a paying contest, I will not do anything else.

9. Parser

Parser Hello

Wait it out, Postal. I'm sure with UT2004's brilliant success, more people will be willing to take part.

Oh, and I love DemonThing's chairs. :D - great fun.
    Reminds me of those throwing chairs I did for WLUt1. :)

10. Postal

Bah!

Ive got other projects for 2k4 now, Im not interested.

11. soldat

soldat resident potato

finally got to try the contest pak today... back in my room woo hoo

crashed the game a few times - once by smacking someone with a chair

i also got thousands of accessed nones by the wmp mutator itself.

* bouncing lightning - this thing's fun... so many headshots, so little time. i never quite know what i'm shooting, or where its going to bounce...

* disruptor - awesome... but primary fire is hard to hit with. oh well i'll stick with the flames. i love getting hits with the primary though. it actually reminds me of quake. somehow. rockets. hm.....

* underslinger - i love spammy guns. i really didn't see a difference between green and orange (except the color and the number)... but it's cool nonetheless to unload, and in the midst of a screen full of smoke, see the words "you killed homer"

* oil gun - definitely cool. the effects are a bit odd (shooting out black clouds)... but nicely done, not really lag-inducing... i like it.

* live bio rifle - the colonies are a bit odd... scary even.. but its interesting when a gun can do that. heh.

* lava caster - seems like it does a lot of damage. but its cool... pity there's no custom model.

12. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

Those are indeed wooden chairs. :p

Hehe, I also kind of thought the blobs were a bit strange... It took quite a bit of tweaking to get good effects without too much lag or pauses, let alone the netcode... ;)

13. Postal

I think the oilgun still required more tweeking to be a better weapon, but it was definetly the most origional.