With Enforcers must come the best mut ever.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
hm ut2k4 had dual assault rifles, trying to bring back the good ol memories, but it wont feel right until your starting weapon is as legitimate a weapon as all the other weapons in the game... you start with a weak gun and thats their way of encouraging you to grab a nicer gun, but thats putting less of the fun in players and more of the fun into the level designers...
like , i remember it going 'click-click bang bang bang bang bang bang' ... it was so nice
and oh, did the UT99 enforcers need reloading as well? i couldnt remember...

Last edited:

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
naah, i dont want reloading in general... just for a few potentially spammy guns, to limit their use for tactical situations...

anyway, wouldnt it be nice if the 'crotch shot' mutator had with it, some extra animations? or did every character have their own sets of death animations etc etc back in ut99

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
ah yes, i remember somewhere, a hardcore mode means 150% damage... never bothered playing with that mode tho, i died too easily as it was already... i think it was from the original unreal deathmatches, wasnt it?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Who wants to play in classic mode anyway? So slow and boring :-/
Hey, I know there are people who like classic.... incredible, but it's true.

I played on turbo for a couple of years.
But tbh hardcore is best.

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
Psycho_Leech said:
An Akimbo Enforcers mutator would be quite a good idea as well.
The list actually said "Dual Enforcers" Which Im guessing means it will always be "akimbo" as they call it. I guess they won't even have a single Enforcer at all. Guess this means maybe a single Enforcer mutator might be in order.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Hardcore was the only real game mode in UT. Classic might as well have been called "sissy", same thing. I really couldn't believe it when UT2003 (AND 2004!) didn't have these settings.

UT2006 better.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
i think that there should be a mode where people can bunnyjump, where travelling diagonally makes you go faster, etc etc... maybe we can call it 'oldschool' or something...

menelik_seth

a.k.a 'Youngblood'
UT2k4 being the first UT game I ever played (and I'm lovin it) I really have no clue what y'all are talkin about :p

However, I have used the 2k4 mutator that has everybody start with dual assault rifles; and its pretty hard to play with single ass's (that's what y'all are callin em :p) now.

Now wat would be kewl is to have the dualies with independent fire mode (each rifle having its own trigger). Think of how could it would be to be able to lob one grenade after another... which is really the only reason I use rifles, I've managed to score quite a few decent kills using the grenade at a close distance... charge 'er up and let er' go :)

Unreality

Apr 20, 2005
i think that would be cool using primary fire while using alt to lob grenades at people

Kronon

Oldtimer
Apr 26, 2005
carmatic said:
i think that there should be a mode where people can bunnyjump, where travelling diagonally makes you go faster, etc etc... maybe we can call it 'oldschool' or something...
So Epic should deliberately introduce a bug from Quake 1 into their code? No thanks ;)

Its interesting to note that one enforcer in UT (using default hardcore mode) did roughly the same damage/second as the minigun does in UT2003/UT2004. Double enforcers in UT2003/UT2004, using the UT weapon strength, would be the dominating weapon in the whole game.

I hope Epic upgrades the weapon strengths in Envy, but I have a feeling that the enforcers will need a little downgrade anyway.

/Kronon

Last edited: