Windows XP problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheGodFather

Oct 28, 2001
Rhode Island USA
Visit site
Hello INF people. this might not be the place to post problems with inf but im doing this quick cuz i have to leave in a few. Im NOT sure if this is an error, but INF doesnt seem to work well with windows XP. When I am playing (and a few of my other friends do) we get general connection faults an sometimes the keys (mouse keyboard and all) freeze up on us and inf doesnt respond. please email at dj_majyc@yahoo.com and notify me if that is a real error with 286 or i need to fix something in my files

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
This happens to me too. INF just freezes. I would be playing online, and I can't move. I can be killed, I can see everyone else moving around, and I can read the messages, but INF just doesn't respond. I have to hit alt-tab, then ctrl-alt-delete to quit. I want help too.

TheGodFather

Oct 28, 2001
Rhode Island USA
Visit site
Yes it really bothers me and i hope it can be fixed. maybe its becuz inf 286 was made for lower windows versions cuz it came otu before xp, i wouldnt know im still learning this computer stuff. mainly use it for games and 3D rendering. and Drkbls what you mean by *moved*? like i said before im still a little newbish to the forums but im not newbish to the game itself :D :cool:

[SOB]Grunt_X

SOB Clan Officer
Sep 6, 2000
www.theonlinegaming.com
This isn't an INF problem, it's an XP problem with the drivers you're using. Make sure you get the latest drivers for ALL your hardware. Like my soundblaster live's sound in UT was messed up with the default drivers but an update cured that.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
When DarkBls puts *moved* that means you started a thread in the wrong section (i.e. this belongs to troubleshooting, where it is now :) ). Ah, BTW, I have XP and INFIL runs perfectly here... do as Grunt_X said you, get the latest drivers and all should be good...

Good luck!

TheGodFather

Oct 28, 2001
Rhode Island USA
Visit site
i have SB digital and i dont think i am up to date on updates neither with my nvida. all i know is that i have a geforce3 so if you can, please send me some details to help fix this problem and where i get the updates, i'd appreciate it

Waxx

Ultralight pilot
Oct 2, 1999
Ohio, USA
Visit site
Same problems used to happen to me. Check your memory, as it turns out the pricks who sold us our computer put bad memory inside it. Some new memory cured all our problems. I run XP, and it is flawless.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
hehe... well, I know that all Windows OS's have their glitches, but sometimes what appears to be a fu*ked up Windows is some hardware conflict in reality... as I said before, since I have XP no problems have arised... but that doesn't mean it is perfect :)

TheGodFather

Oct 28, 2001
Rhode Island USA
Visit site
VERY true midwinter. i've noticed something with windows. me and my friend have the SAME stuff for xp his runs fine he gets the same glitches as i do with the shutting down and stuff but in the past we had similar windows os and i had different glitches than him. For example windows ME my mouse would freeze on me but my keyboard wouldnt and could move around liek a crackhead lol. but my friend never had that problem. in conclusion there are numerous random glitches "tossed" into windows :D

NikonStudios

Cpt. Lord Nikon
Aug 30, 2001
Belgium
users.pandora.be
"Windows" , Hwo need hackers ... america hass Bill Gates !!

I hate windows cus it is not (Hack Proof, Bug Proof and watever else it is)

Yes i have the same problem sounds ar crapy and yes i have my drivers updated ... nop its not over yet "I HATE BILL GATES" cus i can't play INF wiht good sounds. if i don't find the problem i go back to Win2000 "not so bugy i gess"