Windows 7 + UT3 = orgasm p much

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
That's odd, I have absolutely no problems with drivers here. The only different thing is that it can't run 16-bit or partial 16-bit programs (like assembler code).

If you're running x64 version of Windows then it's normal since 16 bit applications aren't supported anymore.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
I ran UT3 on this setup:

GeForce 6200
Celeron D 3.33GHz
512 MB RAM

on lowest possible settings and got zero lag on XP, but of course that's a terrible comparison. It would be like comparing canned food to a fresh, high-quality meal. But that's just what I had. Weird how they say "UT3 is severely hardware intensive" yet I was able to run it on bare minimum specs, lowest possible settings, and no lag whatsoever.

I'mma shut up now...

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
Why 32bit? Do you still have a 32bit CPU? Just curious. There's little reason to not get Win7 64bit if you're going to get it at all.

I know I ought to, but I only have 3gb ram atm and I dont see the big deal in getting 64bit unless there's a major difference (pentium d 3.0 ghz, 3gb ram, ati 3870). Perhaps when retail comes out Ill get 64bit.

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
I know I ought to, but I only have 3gb ram atm and I dont see the big deal in getting 64bit unless there's a major difference (pentium d 3.0 ghz, 3gb ram, ati 3870). Perhaps when retail comes out Ill get 64bit.
Well for now since it's a free demo of the OS essentially, 32 vs. 64 doesn't really matter in your case. But when you get the retail copy, don't waste money on a 32bit OS. You'll never look back once you work out the very few 32/64bit issues that may crop up. :)

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Good Call.

@OP: Are you sure you aren't posting this thread just to show off your computer's specs?
Why would he? His specs aren't exactly top of the line or anything for 2009.

And does anyone over 13 actually care about what's in other peoples' PCs or what other people think of their own?

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
Vista was always a lagathon for me whenever i loaded a game and exited it. xp and 7 don't do this at all.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
I was able to run UT3 on a Barton 2.5ghz OC'ed to 3.2, FX5900 and 1gb ddr400. :eek:

And by run I mean a slowfest of horribleness. :lol: