Will we need teamspeak for utxmp?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{NB}oni

Nov 19, 2004
I was just curious if the voice chat will be enabled for utxmp since it's a mod for ut2k4. It would be really nice if I don't have to install teamspeak. It would just take more hd space if voice chat is enabled in the game. Just curious.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I have it from a very reliable source that VoIP is in UT2004 and all of it's mods.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
teamspeak is better imho as the voice over ip in 2k4 is not very clear and a lot cracky

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
But at least it's built in. If you join a pub with a mic, everyone on your team can hear you, and they don't have to join a seperate TS server. You could still use TS for scrims, but its usefulness in pubs is important.

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
Personally I find built-in teamspeak pretty much like MUST. Majority of brainless running around and defence´s poor coordination are cause to lack of swift communication. If the sound quality is even somewhat comprehensible voice chat brings oh so much more tactics to the game. I hope people don´t spam it like they do with games voice messages...

[PE] Bender

Used Register
Feb 19, 2004
Terra/Sol
I like the 2k4 VoIP...as much as i like it s Mute Function :D. But actually the TextToVoice Option is a very useful Feature.

[LNS]Jubei

DeMoN HuNTeR
Jan 22, 2004
as long there's an option to turn it off
just think if toogay and unreal had voice over ip in xmp
i would've had nightmares and with some of the current players in xmp and they're text spam i can't possibly imagine what they would spam if they had the power to speak ingame.

just think about it

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Jubei said:
as long there's an option to turn it off
just think if toogay and unreal had voice over ip in xmp
i would've had nightmares and with some of the current players in xmp and they're text spam i can't possibly imagine what they would spam if they had the power to speak ingame.

just think about it
You can actually ban individuals from your VoIP service in 2k4.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
CS had experience with it years ago and have had time to refine it. It was a pos back in CS.. whatever version it was, i think 1.4?

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
[BBF]Mantik said:
CS had experience with it years ago and have had time to refine it. It was a pos back in CS.. whatever version it was, i think 1.4?

Yah it was a PoS(much like all of CS. :p) It actually had the same problem for me that the 2k4 VoIP has. I can barely hear it no matter how loud I turn it up. Maybe the it'll be loud enough with UT2k6!

dudeCS

[c]dude[s]
Jan 31, 2004
Well, I think that VoIP isn't necessary in XMP because it has pre-recorded voice communication that your character says (e.g. "thanks", "We need more energy!", "Medic!!", "Get rid of those deployables!", etc.) and i think that added to the gameplay experience in some way. It's cool to talk over IP through a mic, but if you played the original XMP, you used these commands and good players responded to them. Worked well...

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
As a clan, you use both. It's easy to say "I'm hacking this" since it also told your team exactly what you were hacking. However, there was no bind for "One ranger with arti going over top of base and gunner with other arti taking underground route." Which is where VoIP comes in useful :D

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
XMP also had a lot of voice command missing that would have been very useful

<--- Enermy arti carrier is here
<--- There's a live raptor here
Bail out!
Stop spamming deployables, we don't have the energy
I did warn you about the mines, n00b