will we ever get animated .gif avatars again?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I know its not BU's fault, but when is vB going to update their forum software so we can upload .gif avatars again to use?

Currently if you have a .gif avatar it will work, but any new ones wont. It has to be .jpg and cant be animated.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
NEVA!! Besides if they do fix it to where we can upload new gif's, you may get rid of your katamari avatar and that would make me a sad panda :(

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I want to replace my avatar with this:

prince13eu.gif

:D

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Cap'n Beeb said:
se7en.gif

What's in the box?
sick movie :0==--- <---my throw up smiley

btw. I have heard of viruses being imbeddable in .gif files. So maybe this current security precaution disables all script in .gifs. But then again I don't know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
briachiae said:
sick movie :0==--- <---my throw up smiley

btw. I have heard of viruses being imbeddable in .gif files. So maybe this current security precaution disables all script in .gifs. But then again I don't know what I'm talking about.

Could be, but i would suspect a normal jpeg or whatnot could hold a virus as well. Ex: Click meh to view hawt steamy sexiness version of maself. Some dope clicks the pic and boom ahahhahaahhaaahhah.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
"Hello, and thank you for trying to help me.

I am the site admin for my site. I uploaded a new Avatar, which is an animated gif. The problem is, it is not animating. Any ideas why?

Thanks again."

"Yes, this is a setting now. You will need to turn the ability to have animated avatars on for each usergroup you want to be able to do this. Any animated avatars will need to be reuploaded and saved"

"Actually, I just checked, as site admin, I already have YES checked as to "can upload animated avatars". Still not animated though."

"No, this is not retroactive. It would only affect newly uploaded avatars. Besides you can set this to allow animated avatars if you want."

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150646&highlight=animated

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Raptor mentioned something about user groups and animated avatars, and I believe he said it wasn't possible on our forums that or it was just going to take a very long time to do.