Will UT3 Crosshairs work for UT2004?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Hey everyone, I don't play UT3, but I started wondering if the standard crosshairs or any custom crosshair packs designed for UT3 would also work in UT2004?

Thanks for any help, Prozac :D

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
There are no custom crosshairs for UT3 (unless you're using UTComp). And the default ones suck.

There's lots of better packs and crosshairs for 2K4.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
To get the UT3 xhairs in 2k4 you'd have to rip the texture out, split them up and build a custom pack
As for special effects like the loaded rockets indicator of the UT3 RL xhair, can't be done as xhairs are extremely limited in 2k4.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I can guarantee he won't be able to use the loading/loaded animation of the UT3 RL on the 2k4 one tho without a mutator running
Custom xhair packs can't do anything more than put a name to a referenced texture so unless you have a way for a texture to detect state changes in the weapons it's either going to be a static xhair or a basic animation

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
The crosshairs do come with the UT3 Style mutator but you can still use them w/o using the mutator itself. Just go to the Weapons tab in Settings and you'll find them there...