will Ut2K7 have a full time anti cheat

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vance

Dec 7, 2005
Marion, VA
I know about Ant TCC that works well. but that be like PB or a other anti cheat programm. that we can use in matches all the time?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
loleh0jr.gif

killalot0

May 26, 2005
sure it would be nice, but I dont think epic has ever tried to do something about cheating (software wise). Anti tcc I wouldnt mind, cant say about PB cause I never played a game with it.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
It sucks, but...

Well, the last three UT games had no workable cheat protection from Epic. What does this suggest?

I'd be willing to put money on Epic not doing decent cheat protection for their own game again. The community will have to bail them out yet again. Because you know that Dr SiN won't be able to do anything useful.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
UTSecure...

I'm sure they will have something, but I don't know how consistently it wil be updated as usual. UE3 should be a significant bit more secure than 2k4 has been though.

kiwi

Sep 26, 2005
anti tcc and safegame work well????? since when???? ahahha omg noob :p (jk)

no really they don`t work....need something from epic this time

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
It doesn't matter who makes the anti-cheat or how much time they spend on it. Cheaters seem to have enough time on their hands to break any anti-cheat tool. One might come to the conclusion they have no life at all to waste time on. :con:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Turns2Ashes said:
Wormbo, why doesn't Epic just hire you for cheat protection? :p
I doubt he'd take it
There's already too many hypocrites out there whining about how "crappy" ATCC is, then turn around and whine about how many cheaters there are

ATCC is only as bad as the person who config'd it
One of my fav servers runs it(with a 30 second warmup) and the checks are done by the time the warmup is done
Even if you join mid-game, the checks are quick, you're fragging away within 15 seconds

Either way, the best cheat protection is a good, smart and available admin

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Persefone said:
Actually not very well. It was unable to stop UTCompz. :)

:lol:

They did that last time in hiring DrSin. Not saying that I don't think wormbo could do the job well enough, but having him on staff would severely limit what he could do just like DrSin was limited by Epic's "Rules of engagement" when it comes to matters of that sort. Patches don't include anti-cheat updates so as not to break network compatibility. As well, Sin did what he could to only stop cheats of a nature that were undeniabley cheats, whereas wormbo has the liberty to stop whatever he thinks the community wants stopped, (TCCs and such) even if at the cost of limiting custom content use. Epic is trying to push use of custom content, and hence creates a conflict of interest, and here goes this same thread all over again...

Research is good.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=160340&highlight=epic+stop+cheating

All the discussion you probably need about that past, and potential future of anti-cheat is in that thread.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Draco73 said:
the best anti cheet system is a good admin.
wrong ... that's merely the second best ...

the *best* anti-cheat system is playing off-line. ;)

Wormbo said:
One will come to the conclusion they have no life at all to waste time on.
fixxed ;)

Besides ... it's a simple matter of scale. 1 person/company vs an entire world of no-life losers.
That's never going to be a fair fight.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
DeaJae said:
I'm sure Epic will have an Anti Cheat system which is updated regulary, much like PB or VAC... since they hired DrSin to help with the AntiCheat part of Ut2003/04...

Could be wrong on that... :(
That's what UTSecure was. It was abandoned because AntiTCC was so much better than it (and because nobody used it anymore).

Personally, I think there was more cheating going on in 2k3 when it was at the end of it's life than I have ever seen in 2k4 so far. And that was very minimal, obviously.