Will there be another patch/mega pack?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Unfortunately, no. As much as a new map pack or patch would rock, Epic has abandoned its PC community. Maybe the PS3 users will get something, but most of Epic's effort right now is going towards Gears of War 2.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
eats.jpg

[DUF]-Fragger

Jul 9, 2002
The Netherlands
lol @ pic.

I think that Epic will release a patch in the future, no doubt about that. They still are aware of some issues so i cant believe that they would stick to these 2 patches.

Wait and you will see :)

Gr Fragger

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Will there be any speculations in this thread?

Lets reason for a moment. Epic is probably not totally satisfied with this game, so there will be another patch. Lots of fine looking custom made content have been released lately. Epic might turn some of that into a mega pack. Epic is a small team and they are paid a lot to work on Gears of War 2, not Unreal Tournament 3. Perhaps the community would be better of with Epic only enjoying themselves with mapping for UT3, like when they released UT. People did like GoW so we are not that out of the loop, but it certainly won't be free of charge and you will probably need an X360 to play it during 2009.

Conclusion is, minor patches are expected and more contents will come, but you, the community, have to do that on your own.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
i sure hope there will be... theres been little to no modding done for UT3 as it stands (compared to previous UT games) and we all know players, fans and Epic themselves were not satisfied with the finished product. hopefully they will not only continue patching and release some cool free stuff, but put together a treatment of what UT3 should have been and re-release it with a HUGE discount for current owners...

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Unfortunately, no. As much as a new map pack or patch would rock, Epic has abandoned its PC community. Maybe the PS3 users will get something, but most of Epic's effort right now is going towards Gears of War 2.

If they release content for the PS3 I'm 99.9% sure that same content will be available for the PC as well (maybe even before they get it done for the PS3)

Rujman

Mar 20, 2008
i sure hope there will be... theres been little to no modding done for UT3 as it stands (compared to previous UT games) and we all know players, fans and Epic themselves were not satisfied with the finished product. hopefully they will not only continue patching and release some cool free stuff, but put together a treatment of what UT3 should have been and re-release it with a HUGE discount for current owners...

By discount I hope you mean free because I'm not shelling out any additional money to the $60 I spent on that game.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
I'm still waiting for the way how to paste IP into UI and add it directly into Favorites. :) Then I'll start care about new maps. MAYBE I'll care about new maps before this UI fix IF they are good. Better than stock I mean. At least few of them really serious. Perhaps I'm way too picky.

But patch... that I take anytime. Seriously.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
By discount I hope you mean free because I'm not shelling out any additional money to the $60 I spent on that game.
I've got one word for you : UT2k4 ...
// ---

On the bright side ... although Epic did release extra maps for GoW that you had to pay for, they're also pretty much the only ones that made the same content available for free a few months later.

btw : it's not just GoW 2 they're working on. The Xbox 360-version of UT3 hasn't been released either.
Given the size of them it's not too surprising that they're not as fast as they used to be. Then again ... there was very little info before any bonuspacks were released in the past.