Why won't this code compile?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WildWing

Sep 16, 2001
New York City
Visit site
For months now I've been trying to find a way to get Unreal AND UT weapons to work in the same level, and with help I've finally been able to isolate what controls this into one of a few spots of the Actor Class Browser that I'm going to attempt to work with. But for some strange reason this code won't compile, I was told to subclass "DMMutator", and replace it with a code that was given to me or mess around with some of the code that already default for "DMMutator" until I figure out what controls what, but still give the mutator a new name and all. I did all that good stuff went to MS-DOS pointed to the directory where the new mutator's script was it appeared to compile ok, I got no warnings or errors. Opened up UEd and didn't find the new mutator in the Actor class, anyone know what's going on? And by the way, any of you guys follow the tutorial here at Weapons Of Destruction to make the Ripper fire Rockets instead of razors? This is very strange to me, it works fine with the Ripper but. I can't seem to duplicate this with any other weapon in UT after following the tutorial word for word none of them show up in the Actor Class Browser after I compile. Or show up in gameplay when I use the summon command, though the ucc make process goes through with no problems? What's going on, is it me or did you guys have the same problem?

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Yarg! so many questions all jumbled together!!!! Yes, I know lots of stuff about the crappy DMmutator, whast was the question again?
And the My First Mod won't work on most UT weapons sadly, because the default properties do not control their projectiles.

WildWing

Sep 16, 2001
New York City
Visit site
Originally posted by RamdoleKang
Yarg! so many questions all jumbled together!!!! Yes, I know lots of stuff about the crappy DMmutator, whast was the question again?
And the My First Mod won't work on most UT weapons sadly, because the default properties do not control their projectiles.
I copied the "DMMutator.uc" changed some of the code but it won't compile, or show up in the Actor Class, even though the ucc make process goes through fine? Let's work on this question before I get to the stuff about the Ripper.

WildWing

Sep 16, 2001
New York City
Visit site
Originally posted by EasyrideR_/\
Sounds to me like the packages have not been added to UnrealTournament.ini.
No, I did that by way of the Weapons of Destruction tutoriial "Create a directory called Referance, then create a directory called MyMod, inside there create a directory called Classes (where new classes to be compiled will be) . Then go to the UnrealTournament.ini and locate the lines with Editor.Engine and enter EditPackages=MyMod, so that the ucc make process will recognize MyMod as an EditPackage to be compiled" Oh and that other stuff about renameming the file but keeping the ".uc" extension. Now this worked fine with the tutorial for the Ripper but not the Mutator I'm trying to create

Last edited:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
NO NO NO

Sprint1 only suggested makeing a code reference for your own personal reference

here what you do

new folder
ut/MyMod

in there, classes

ut/mymod/classes

in that folder code

then add mymod to utini and compile

WildWing

Sep 16, 2001
New York City
Visit site
Originally posted by Postal
NO NO NO

Sprint1 only suggested makeing a code reference for your own personal reference

here what you do

new folder
ut/MyMod

in there, classes

ut/mymod/classes

in that folder code

then add mymod to utini and compile
Yeah, isn't that what I just said, or somrthing close to that anyway :D But no matter, the code still won't cimpile, have you guys tried messing around with the DMMutator and recompiling yet? Let me know if it does the same thing to you.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
If UCC prints out something like
Code:
------YourPackage------
NOT followed by
Code:
Analysing...
Parsing NewDMMutator...
Parsing SomeOtherClasses...
Compiling NewDMMutator...
Compiling SomeOtherClasses...

Success - 0 error(s), 0 warnings
you should delete YourPackage.u in UT\System and run UCC Make again.

kingzingo

Nov 3, 2001
Thailand
www.purpletiger.com
Use VUC++ - it's really quite good at doing all the boring bits like making folders etc. And it's really good for browsing through the core code.

I used the WOD tut's and got started, then tried out VUC++ and thought I was in heaven.

or something like that!! :)