Who wants GoW2 for PC? Anyone? No?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
never played it before i got it on PC, and now im stuck playing it off and online ( i even miss my mapping priorities , sorry Proph :p ) , that game is really immersive , and nicely designed , i will surely buy the second opus .. but , yes but i really hope they do the convertion correctly this time for the PC , as it was really a pain to make it working with the live stuff ..

Masakari

Jan 22, 2008
I have both (pc version and 360 version), and actually bought the 360 version after the pc one, because of the idiotic savegame deletion bug in the game, and also because online play works much better via 360. So if it's to make a buggy, crappy port of Gears 2 to pc, they might as well not bother.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
This is the real reason for the numbers in that poll.

I hope Gears did well enough on PC for Gears 2 to make an appearance on that platform again because I really enjoyed the game. I can't stress enough, however, that Gears 2 PC absolutely has to have a dedicated server and a proper server browser independant of GFWL.

You think thats more something for Epic or Microsoft?

I hope they both put alittle more effort into a PC version this time. Its good that Gears made it to PC and had extra stuff but assuming people would want perfected keyboard and mouse controls I thought was alittle silly (if thats anything more than marketing spin anyways). I know prince of persia warrior within has a disclaimer at the start, best played with gamepad, just whack that on but keep in mind any game which supports gamepad on PC should support the widest possible selection even if it is a MS game.

Heres to hoping that a PC version is more than a yeah okay demand is there, we'll do it, deal this time around!

Apathy.

Jan 24, 2008
THe poll was actually edited.. It was set to "1337" by one of the mods that had nothing better to do with their time. There wasn't even 1000 views on the topic when the "no" option was boosted.

So much for professionalism.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah, makes sense.
I just thought it was somewhat, not funny or maybe funny.

EDIT: I bet it was Mark Rein. :eek:

No actually, it's either Flak or Jeff, my bet goes on Jeff.

Last edited:

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
I'd buy it on PC, just to have fun with the updates to UE3/UnrealEd, but hopefully it won't be as buggy as the GOW UnrealEd.

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
I don't think I would buy it for PC. Games for Windows Live features are sure to be in there which are extremely annoying to me. Also I just don't see EPIC making it the game it should be for PC. They burned me on the first Gears ported to PC. I was really looking forward to solid deathmatch using keyboard and mouse.

Since the mouse and keyboard controls were not polished the game was essentially worthless to me. I don't care to repeat that experience. There are tons of other things that annoyed me about it as well. Too many to list, basically many minor issues that accumulated to be a big annoyance.

This is just me though. I was very picky because I knew EPIC could have made it spectacular.

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
What do you guys mean the kb/m controls aren't "polished"?

I have only played GoW briefly on the 360, and I gotta say that the controls were pretty crappy on that as well. Just about every time I tried to dash, I would duck for cover behind some random piece o' crap, I would stand up, rinse, and unfortunately repeat 2 seconds later.

I seem to be one of the few people that thinks GoW was way overhyped. The fact that it was is understandable though, because it was the first highly advertised BEAUTIFUL game. Plus it was violent and gory to all hell, which always sells well with audiences outside the bible belt :D

DorDuke82

Mar 13, 2008
Saxony, Germany
I would buy it - as i did with gears1PC - but this time i wait till everyone tells me that its not the bug ritten mess the first one was on the PC - stuttering like hell (wich had nothing to do with system specs) and deleting save games when using that GfW-Live Service.
Would have been even better if Epic would have decided to release the PC Version around the same time as the x360 Version and offer Cross-Plattform Online Multiplay - but i guess if we PC Gamers are lucky we may get it 1 year later, if we get it at all :(

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
I split for it with my bro for his 360, and I bought it for PC.

And I'll buy the sequel for PC too.

that its not the bug ritten mess the first one was on the PC - stuttering like hell (wich had nothing to do with system specs) and deleting save games when using that GfW-Live Service.
Sorry, but I call bullsh#t on these two.
I OWN the game, I PLAY it regularly on my laptop (Yes, Laptop. I play UE3 games on my laptop, imagine that), and so far, I have yet to see ONE issue with the game that breaks it for me.
Even the socalled "broken patch" problem that most people whined about has yet to be a problem for me. Whiners claiming it doesn't work on WinXP

So the Windows Live system feels more at home using a controller than it does a keyboard.. Who gives a ****? I don't look at it all that much.

You voluntarily used G4W? Are you mad?
Hmm, let's see.. Stuff I had to do to make GoW work online..
Oh, right. Let it install a little package on the side, and put in my old hotmail account info.

HORRIBLE! JUST HORRIBLE!!!

Last edited:

DorDuke82

Mar 13, 2008
Saxony, Germany
Sorry, but I call bullsh#t on these two.
I OWN the game, I PLAY it regularly on my laptop (Yes, Laptop. I play UE3 games on my laptop, imagine that), and so far, I have yet to see ONE issue with the game that breaks it for me.
Even the socalled "broken patch" problem that most people whined about has yet to be a problem for me. Whiners claiming it doesn't work on WinXP

Cool you OWN the game and PLAY the game, i too OWN the game and would have liked to PLAY it at release when i bought it, but savegames dissappearing is a show-stopping Bug to me.
Fine it works flawless for you, but only because you have no problems doesnt mean others dont have problems with the game.
Deleting Save Games IS a big Problem, well it was because i think the last title update solved atleast that, but its still unacceptable, if i buy a game i should atleast be able to use my savegames dont you think?
The other big issue is that the game runs good for like 2-3 chapters and then it begins to stutter like hell at new checkpoints, if i made a fresh start of the game and load that checkpoint it runs flawless again for another 2-3 chapters - it ruins the experience that way in a great manor for me as i always have to restart the game to led it run on a acceptable way - together with the savegame deleting Bug that rendered the game completly unplayable to me, because no one wants to play the first or last chapter over and over again and missing out on the middle part.
UT3 had a similar bug with the stuttering (i could play 2-3 maps and the next one stuttered and had graphicproblems), something with the Initialising the Shaders, because with UT3 you could set something like NvidiaInitialiseShadersonDemand to True and everything went fine from then - Gears does not have that Section in its ConfigFiles and it doesnt accept the command.
By the way i am using Windows Vista and not XP so its not the fault of Windows and certainly not the fault of my gaming PC (4400+, 8600GTS 512 MB and 2GB Ram) - IF Gears2 comes to the PC i wont buy it at release because i want to know if it again has such Bugs, only if not then i will buy it again - learned the lesson of buying Epics products blindly.

Last edited:

Av4tar

Jan 19, 2008
Victoria, Australia.
Seeing as i own GoW for Xbox 360, i'd have to say i would largely prefer GoW's PC port. To me the controls feel right. I'd also have to say that i would like GoW2 for PC as well. :)

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
By the way i am using Windows Vista.
That's your issue right there, numbnuts.

I'm running XP and I have NIL of the problems you just mentioned.
My cousin has Vista on his, and I cannot begin to list the MODERN games that has glaring issues with that piece of tripe.