Who here hates plasma televisions?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
The problem with LCDs, I found out when looking at some yesterday, is that they really ramp up in price compared to Plasmas as you step into the bigger sizes. You can get a 50" Plasma for a little bit more than a 37" LCD.

Can anyone confirm the rumor that if you display a bright white image (for a length of time) on a Plasma TV that it can help get rid of any burned-in images?

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Hey LifesBane,

I've tried that with an LCD (my work monitor, a HP 2025 LCD has some burn-in/image retention on it), and it didn't seem to do much. I do know some plasmas come with a white wipe function which supposedly assists.

I think that burn-in/image retention on plasmas and LCD have been really overhyped, and tend to occur only with users who "abuse" their panels. I know that I never toned down the factory settings on the LCD I used...most likely the reason I suffered some burn-in/image retention.

-I_AM