Who do you want to win this election?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Who do you want to win this election?

• Obama-Biden

Votes: 69 65.7%
  • McCain-Palin

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Jackal

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • The People

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bob Barr

• Ralph Nader

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cynthia McKinney

• Pat Paulsen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
Just as the title says. With less than a week away, lets get a BU poll. Private.
Ends on the 4th
Dems Vs Reps only, sorry.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I predict a landslide, considering all the euros on these boards and how much less popular Bush is over there than even inside America.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
I coudltn figure out how to make 2 polls in one thread.
I saw how to make one poll allow 2 different votes, but I didnt like the idea of giving people the possibility to vote for both candidates.

ALso, I did the names Rep-dem dem-rep. Didndt want to place one candidate atop both polls.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
17-2 Obama-Biden as of my vote. That certainly sounds like it could come true.
None of the polls are showing a landslide, so I doubt it is true. For one, this is Buf. Lots of Euros who will go for the obvious left-leaner. For another thing, it's the internet where "Conservative" is typically equitable with any derogatory term you can come up with along with unintelligent sheep.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I don't know why my name isn't on that list, but I'll vote for neither since if either one gets picked, we are all ****ed again anyways.

"Who do you want to win this election?"

Where's the "The people" option?

By popular (not really) demand--more options! :p

Edit: Actually wait, scott84 said only democrats and republicans. Hope I didn't ruin this. :p

Last edited:

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
None of the polls are showing a landslide, so I doubt it is true. For one, this is Buf. Lots of Euros who will go for the obvious left-leaner. For another thing, it's the internet where "Conservative" is typically equitable with any derogatory term you can come up with along with unintelligent sheep.
True with straight polls, most of which show around a 5-10 point lead—solid but arguably not overwhelming. By electoral college, however, Obama is showing more than double the votes of McCain. I don't know where "landslide" becomes appropriate: a Reagan win of 400-500 or a Clinton win of 200-250? Our historical perspective has probably been skewed by Bush Jr's two razor thin victories, which are far more the exception than the rule. Whatever it's called, by the map, Obama appears headed for a Clinton-sized win.

And a nod to the Axis of Liberal Bias, which apparently gains another member—first "the media", then "the reality", and now "the internet". :D

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
By popular (not really) demand--more options! :p

Edit: Actually wait, scott84 said only democrats and republicans. Hope I didn't ruin this. :p

I dont care at all. The results are pretty much in on BU's side. haha. Someone sent me a message saying 'good set of polls you have there'. I'm guessing that was sarcasm. :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
True with straight polls, most of which show around a 5-10 point lead—solid but arguably not overwhelming. By electoral college, however, Obama is showing more than double the votes of McCain. I don't know where "landslide" becomes appropriate: a Reagan win of 400-500 or a Clinton win of 200-250? Our historical perspective has probably been skewed by Bush Jr's two razor thin victories, which are far more the exception than the rule. Whatever it's called, by the map, Obama appears headed for a Clinton-sized win.

And a nod to the Axis of Liberal Bias, which apparently gains another member—first "the media", then "the reality", and now "the internet". :D
We'll see.

Also, if you don't think that people who hang around IRC/Forums/Digg/Slashdot/etc lean left... well.. okay.