Which Keyboard do YOU Use for Gaming?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What's your FPS HID?

• Total voters

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
Yes, I'm back, and I'm bringing my polls with me! :D

All those zBoard, FANG, shmang and **** got me thinking:

Does anybody seriously believe he'd get better in games or more stylish because he gets one of those?

P.S. I set this up as a multiple-choice poll... If any moderator could fix this - I'd be grateful. And don't vote for more than 1 option :)

Last edited:

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Can someone refresh my memory. What is the term for when a keyboard wont allow you to press a certain combination of keys? Like if I press e and f at the same time I can't press r to switch to rockets?

Also, is there a rating to look for when buying keyboards? I don't need anything fancy, I just need something that won't hinder me from switching to plasma when doing a routine motion and etc.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
ph34r

1337pad.jpg

zboard actually ;)

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
Yeah, I hate those old keyboard with cheap diodes...
And that's critical in fighting games.

BTW since you all mentioned your mice as well, I'll tell you about mine.. I game with my good ol' Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer:
mouse.jpg

and my good ol' Genius Comfy KB-16M:
Comfy%20KB-16.jpg

As for your question:
What is the term for when a keyboard wont allow you to press a certain combination of keys?
I think it's called ghost keys or something.

LiftJump*

Apr 16, 2006
i use a Zboard, but with the normal keyboard. the "gaming" one is to hard to dodge with (IMO).
although when i sex up my comp im getting an eclipse.

LiftJump*

Apr 16, 2006
Hyrulian Hero said:
I'm using an ordinary Dell QuietKey (yeah right, it's not quiet) PS/2 Keyboard. Nothing special :p

By the way, met you in game earlier w1nd, welcome to the forums :wavey:
thanks for the welcome.
and your using a console keyboard?...arnt all the keys slanted?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Hyrulian Hero said:
I'm using an ordinary Dell QuietKey (yeah right, it's not quiet) PS/2 Keyboard. Nothing special :p
I had one of those. Though given the name "QuietKey" it was the loudest keyboard I've ever used. :)

bri, I think the term is having dead keys. I dunno. My current keyboard does it in sections it seems. If I'm moving forward and either right or left, certain keys like X and Z don't work. Thus, if I'm moving diagonally, I can't switch to link/mini or suicide and do other things until I release one of the movement keys. Yay. :rolleyes: