Where have all the servers gone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wizzy67

Jun 21, 2004
i'm just curious... when i used to play there would be quite a few servers up - with lots of people on them.

i just got the latest version (2.9?) and there are hardly any servers... there were 5 that came up on my list with people in them - and it was usually 2-3 people.

what am i missing? :\

~viper~

lo
Jun 15, 2004
MA
Why won't u just help all of us and advertise Infiltration then? The idea of more people playing will not just fall from the sky......

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
~viper~ said:
Why won't u just help all of us and advertise Infiltration then? The idea of more people playing will not just fall from the sky......
I actually prefer it as it is. I'm not a very good person at helping or teaching, but I also hate to say "this is our little secret and we don't want any of you!"

Wizzy67

Jun 21, 2004
~viper~ said:

thanks for the smart-ass reply

but i was asking an honest, simple question. Where are the servers? am i doing something wrong to not being seeing many...

i got a good answer Derelan (thank you), but yours was completely useless and pointless.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
I have noticed many servers don't show up in the infiltration server browser (at least for me). Instead of it, I use the "Infiltration Server Radar", which you can get in the development forum. It's a nice program which even tells you the mutators being used in each server.

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
Wizzy67 said:
i just got the latest version (2.9?) and there are hardly any servers... there were 5 that came up on my list with people in them - and it was usually 2-3 people.

Hmm, I count 24 servers
But only a few of them are populated - we're only a few players (compared to other online communities).

~viper~

lo
Jun 15, 2004
MA
Midwinter, the way you phrased it, it seems that the Server Radar displays more servers than the regular searching does. Does it show unadvertised servers as well?

[edit] Wizzy, what you see is what you get...