What's on your clipboard right now?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I copy/pasted a strange dream I had last night to send it to my sister so she could read it.

My strange dream

A friend, I don't know who he is, and I are on what we assume to be a deserted island. We were in an area along a beach with cliffs and hills surrounding the sides. We thought we had explored the whole island but when I looked up at the hills I noticed three distinct layers as they get further into the distance. I said that we had explored up to the second layer but never had gone to the third. I thought there might be caves there and pointed to some possible locations. I didn't know why I wanted to go to caves, maybe shelter.

As we were walking up these inclines and we got closer to that second set of hills distant I notice what looked to be the beginnings of a small medieval village! Surprise surprise! How did we not notice that before? As we approached the gates there was a poor peddler who was being turned away by two guards. The guards threw his stuff in the dirt and it rolled down the hill towards us. So we picked it up and handed it to the man. My partner, myself, and this man were both hungry and eager to get inside because we knew there were supplies inside. So we snuck into the store room.

I do not know how we ended up in the store room, but the next scene we were there. I was inside already and was hiding and my buddy was just climbing down from the ceiling but he slipped and crashed and it made a loud noise. We waited with dread at the thought of the guards coming. But none came. We opened the door and poked our heads outside to witness a total takeover of the village! I'll say now that this particular village was known as the red village because of the color of their uniforms. Well all the red guards were being held at sword point by the army of the blue village! Hooray we thought! liberated! We have a place to stay and food and stuff! The blue army was very welcoming and eager to invite us to their town. So we went eagerly. How deceptive they were!

Once we got there we were locked down as slaves and forced into a life of poverty! There are details here I forget. Anyways at one point while working I saw a rocket shoot in the air that exploded into green smoke! We were under attack by the green army! Hooray we thought! Liberated from the merciless blues! The Green army was again welcoming and inviting and genuinely seemed to care about helping us.

Wrong again! What poor hopeless fools we were. Again slaves. This exact same scenario then again happens with the Yellow army attacking the Green army. I think myself, my buddy, and this poor peddler were all grey. I knew that meant we were neutral. However that plays into things. Lot's of colors! Like a stupid board game.

As we were working in this cave for the Yellow army we noticed a small strange anomaly. As we stepped into this anomaly our world changed into the normal world! Just like in those time travel movies we all remarked on how not a single second had passed from the time we left to the time of return. I guess that means we were never on that island originally, we had come from the normal world. There were four of us. I know that. We were in this rather fancy older style home with various types of older furniture and antique elements. It was a bright color inside. We were in the family room which was a few steps down from the main entry. At one point I think one person left but then another showed up with a girl who was an exact twin of a girl who was already there. This girl had long red hair. I'm forgetting details, I know that. You know how dreams are.

Anyways I had remarked on this twin coming out of no where. No one, not even the girl, knew she had a twin. So I remarked on the twin being a secret twin and how there was possibly a secret triplet or secrept quadruplet.

Then I said I had to leave. So I hopped in my car and then there was a brief portion of driving. It was raining. I was driving along a main road through some hills. It wasn't too windy just some slight turns. It was kind of like a freeway but hardly as much traffic. I was looking for the right turn to get to the freeway.

That's all I remember.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
[screenshot]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100220&stc=1&d=1259003355[/screenshot]

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Rachyal stood up quick and turned away, it wasn't the first time the separatists called or told him his name, so he walked away to the end of the room, he wanted to cry but a lie held his breath, so he flicked the switch and his ears were filled with an empty voice which spoke like the hills and it told him the story in a way unconcerned with emotion or a sense of time, it read; "in the end of a month the eyes will be here, there is nothing to fear if you're not over here: So don't look back at her she's just another mistake, made in the wrong factory; an invisible lie, with no control - totally free you are better alone. Forget your brothers and sisters your mom and your dad here is a reason to die; you will never be lonely so don't walk away, come back here someday I still hold the way. A mechanical woman with her eyes on your back, is a definitive answer to the people's mistakes, they walked with their eyes closed; a God with no name said to follow an order, an invisible story that they all believed I hope you will still understand me when I start to shout there is more than life and more than success there is an entire world an entire universe, and I won't be here in two weeks time but for now let's not worry your wife will be alive so you shouldn't look back now let the electronic ones keep to themselves the people aren't ready to dine by themselves there is just one last thing I wanted to say; remember the name of the broken string on a broken guitar? A solemn mistake that I never explained, remember this now, now I really should leave. The pass is that word and I respect your intelligence, my friend and my master - mKJD"

He almost stumbled with un-controlled regret, in another world he would be so free. With a sigh of regret he went to the window and looked out; 1,000,000 people who will eventually die for the wrong reason, death, an exit from a life based on false information. He put on his coat and walked out of the room, leaving the communicator on the floor behind him.

In the hall nk-47 was already waiting for him, a thing of pure reason and science, Rachyal smirked unconsciously.

"I take it Dimitri didn't agree with the trevaist ideals this year too then?"
"Same as every year Rachyal, same as every Zokdamn year"

Rachyal smirked again; at least someone still had a

:eek:

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
Modern Warfare 2 uses the "Steam Cloud" content synchronisation, basically saving your content online as you go. When you launch Steam offline, it cannot connect to the service, as it is offline. As a result, any progress you make in the game while offline will not stay, as it cannot synchronise your progress. Your progress is retrieved each time you launch, so if you launch in offline mode you may not have any profile progress (not 100% sure on this.)

so basically pc users are forced to play the game online? this is so stupid really, how can steam get away with this, i have other steam games that do not do this! its pathetic if you ask me, will neva buy another steam game again thats for sure, no wonder people pirate games, its because of companies like steam that chase them away.

[SCREENSHOT]http://i36.tinypic.com/esvrrc.png[/SCREENSHOT]

MY VETERAN PROGRESS HAS NOT BEEN SAVED!!!!!

DarkCrow

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Jun 13, 2004
Brasil
excuses.png

Status
Not open for further replies.