Whats needed for a weapon model in maya?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Pomperipossa

May 2, 2004
Iv just completeded modeling a nice little rifle and I want to get it into UT 2004. But after that i dont really understand what to do. I figured i need to do something including joints or so. But not exactly what. And yes i have triangulated the model. So shall I do for the ActorX to let me export my model?

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
I have been searching for the same information. I just learned that you must include a skeleton in your model with at least one bone. Its name is Bone_weapon. That is where your weapon will be attached to a player's hand. Then you should be able to export the model and animation with ActorX. Next comes a little UScripting. Just look at the code for other weapons, and change as necessary to use your model.