what's in a Nick?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vendetta

bNasal Implant=True
Dec 6, 1999
the real world.
www.quadshot.com
ok lets get into the deep philosophy behind choosing a nick.
how did you come up with the nick you use? do you use others?

please feel free to elaborate, and let us explore the deepest recesses of your twisted imaginations.

i reserve the nick vendetta for my artistic pursuits (mapping) and when i play at local LAN's. but when online i'm constantly changing my name and have pretty much resorted to symbols that mean nothing. i use those so when players get pissed off at me they dont know what to call me. he he.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
What if you 'slipped in the shower and fell on it' while experimenting with cactus love - would you try to remove it yourself or bite the bullet and dial 911?

I always think of this little chap when I see a cactus post

ff8gif_06.gif

My real name is Akuma. Handy eh?

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
When I first started playing UT on-line I was getting my ass kicked so bad I only thought it right to call myself a Rukee! :p

JTRipper

Chimpus Maximus
Sep 12, 2001
Denial
www.planetunreal.com
I used to have a fascination for serial killers. When I was a kid, I used "JTR" for arcade game high scores. When it came time to choose a gaming nick, JTRipper just seemed like a natural. Plus it sounds so much cooler than "Doug".

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
We’ve been over all this before at the “old site,” but here goes:

A friend brought over a game for me to check out. You could either play as human or an alien. I wanted to be an alien so I picked some name out of the air: Qualthwar. I guess I thought the qualth part sounded kinda alien, and the war part was because I was going to do battle.

Later on when my friend and I got another game and he wanted to play it on the Internet Gaming Zone, I had to pick a name. All the good names were taken: Terminator, Eraser, Little Skippy Twinkle Toes, all the names that sound really bad ass. So I happened to think of Qualthwar and knew that one wouldn’t already be picked. Same thing happened at another site, and I became Qualthwar there. So it was just some weird name made up that no one else in their right mind would ever think of.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
I'm a greek mythology buff.

Chrysaor was the brother of pegasus from the union of medusa and poseidon. See when Perseus cut of the medusa's head, pegasus sprang form her woom, and i sprang from her blood. My name however means "he of the golden sword". There's no myth about me so i decided to pick it, cuz i could work with it and be original. It does suck that no one can spell it tho....

I was just gonna be "andy" but my clan tag is [H]| and i didn't want ppl to call me handy all the time. Although i just told all of u so that may be a mistake. :/

Sven_ya!

From the land of sky-blue wa-AH-ters!
Nov 7, 2001
Minneapolis, MN
www.planetquake.com
My handle comes from the good old days when Quake2 was king. My friend JT and I played during lunch at my old job. I used to play under "Trevize" which is a character in an Isaac Asimov novel. Then, when I became the 13373st player in my office I went by "PansyAss" for a brief while, just 'cause I thought it was funny to sk00l everyone while going by a wussy handle.

"Sven" happened when JT and I were playing on our favorite server and getting goofy. I had a brainstorm: we're in Minnesota, let's play that part up. So, I told JT to change his handle to "Ole" and I changed mine to "Sven." We then bound keys to say things like "Ya!" "Youbetcha!" and "Ya, dat's a good one!" Just sorta conjured up a comedic image of the two guys who are the brunt of every Minnesota joke playing a violent, bloody game. =)

Cactus

The Evil Spatula
Mar 19, 2000
Ithaca (A.K.A. Cornell's Bitch) NY
Originally posted by @kuma
What if you 'slipped in the shower and fell on it' while experimenting with cactus love - would you try to remove it yourself or bite the bullet and dial 911?

I always think of this little chap when I see a cactus post

ff8gif_06.gif

My real name is Akuma. Handy eh?

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

oh you kill me @kuma....

Ex-cenTrick

Nov 8, 2001
Minnesota
www.liquidorigami.com
i used to change my nick in icq just about once a week and this is the last one i made. before this i used (in reverse order):

(sci + fi) * hippy
Techno Allah (after a song by mr. bungle)
Mr King Geek
Geeko
Geek of Death

that wasn't all. those are just the memorable ones.

Shin

Ethical Illusionz
Aug 29, 2001
Behind my desk
www.ioerror.co.uk
Shin??

Got it from the game Final Fantasy (huge fan of those games :D )
Bad guys organisation was called Shin-ra... I used the ra for a while but i'd liked Shin better

Shin is also the hardest bone of a human body!!!

And in greek mythology if something was Shin it was mysterious and dangerous..(notthing like me :p )

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Chrysaor...That's koo'

...but why would Poseidon screw Medusa?

Cactus...I like the idea of being tough enough to adjust to anything...survivor...but your damned intelligent and going to a prestigeous school...?

... :) me thinks your gonna be ok...I'm thinking of taKing my wife to NYC to a Broadway play to pump the econ and, well, you should see her when she dresses up...damn...

Anyway, My name is from the Bakshi cartoon "Wizards"...after nuclear war, part of the Earth is wrecked beyond help, a place of death and mutants...they named it "Skorch"...