1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What would revive the UT franchise?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by SuicideUZI, Nov 21, 2009.

1. evilmrfrank

evilmrfrank Banned

Where the heck did you people sniff up the crap that indie games cost anywhere near the amount to make that a AAA title does to make? -_- Not trying to start crap just curious where you are getting your facts :B

2. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

The only map I know of that successfully pulled off ramp dodging in UT3 the "propper" way" is DM-Q3ProTourney4

Not the 1 vs 1 version. The author closed tat part of the map.

3. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

It also doesn't work in any retail maps although there are placeds that look like it.

4. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

maybe it's because when given equal results the amount of resources required to create the game does not change.

5. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

I also put it in my goose remake. But no1 really uses it.

6. WedgeBob

WedgeBob XSI Mod Tool User

Hmm...I come from a 3D Realms and id Software gaming background from back when, so attempting to bring back classics that I've done back in the '90s to UT3 may probably be okay, since 3DR had that policy where levels were meant to be great for DukeMatches, WangBangs, what have you. However, with UT3's stock textures, meshes, etc...these may be a good way to introduce old-school multiplayer with newer technology. May work. An L-shaped city block with a couple of buildings that you can cruise around...yeah, might be good enough for deathmatch here.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010