1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What tools for modeling and animating?

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Snakeye, May 12, 2008.

1. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Okay, basically this is an absurd post and before ANYONE get's ANY hope that I actually do ANYTHING that could once be used in inf: This most probably won't ever happen.

Still I'd like to ask what kind of (preferably) freeware tools can be used to model and animate stuff for inf?

Also any links to "tutorials" of simple "how-to" guides would be welcome.

One last: Is skinning something one can learn, or is it rather something artistic?

Once again: this should NOT raise any hopes I actually do anything Inf related - I'm basically a tad bored of PC games at the moment (ecxluding Inf COOP, which I have no access to on weekends..)

PS: I assume there are already some posts like this around - I just figured they're a bit old by now, and perhaps something new is around.

2. verlatt

verlatt ... or something like that.

3. Carpetsmoker

Carpetsmoker Nexus-6

Blender can also do animating.

4. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

Sorry I am a bit anal on this one. If you are talking about texturing characters then yes to both. It is something artistic but you can learn. You are not born a texture artist.

Skinning is something else altogether. Skinning is the process of binding a skeleton to a mesh then adjusting the weights to get good deformation.

Edit: oh for tutorials then head over to www.3dbuzz.com. Drop me a PM if you decide to visit.

Last edited: May 22, 2008