What maps to play in a League?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[DiE]x8668k

Skilled
Oct 4, 2000
www.x8668k.com
Have been thinking a little, how to make the game most fair in League play.

ILCR have a team that choses map that we will know at least 1 week in advance then we play both as Team A and Team B.
How fair is that?
I'm not saying it is unfair, I'm just asking, it has worked fine so far, no problem there.

I have been thinking about other ways.

Lets say you have 10 Teams competing against eachother.
You meet all Teams.
9 Wars for all Teams.

You all Vote 1 map that you all play both sides on, and when all Teams have played eachother and you have a winner, you vote another map and do it all over again.

Your Team choses a Home Map and what side you want to play, the other Teams do the same, then you meet all Teams on their Home Maps.

You chose a map, the other Team choses a map.
A. You play both sides.
B. You chose what side you want to play on your map.

AA. You know in advance what map the other Team has chosen.
BB. You don't know the other teams map in advance.

AAA. You can pick any map against any Team.
BBB. You can't chose the same map twice, but the other Team can of course chose it, but only one time of course.

What happens if both Teams have chosen the same map?

A. Who cares.
B. Eeehhh, I haven't thought about everything. :rolleyes:

All Teams vote X numbers of maps they want to play on.

A. You play the 9 most voted maps in a row.
B. You randomly pick 9 maps and play them in the random order you picked them in.

A. Your Team have to make their own map in UED and play on it as a "Home Map". :D
B. Your Team have to make 9 own maps. :D:D

Eeeehhhhhh, can't come up with anything more just now.

Of course, ALL maps HAVE to be Fair and Equal.
Maps that have 98% winning changes for Team A/B are of course not allowed.

This is just quick thoughts, if you can take any of these ideas and change it a little to make it better, why not.

Or, if you have a totally different idea?

monkey_hanger

monkey spanker
I like no.'s 1 & 2.

I like the idea of playing everyone on the same map. It sorta creates a level playing field. Although everyone will be well sick of wotever map it is by the end. Also it'd be pretty crap if u had to play on a ****ty map every week.

I also like the idea of having a home map. This sorta makes it more like home and away games. I think id like to try that one out sometime. I think it makes it more of a challenge to go and win a match the other team knows so well.

Not bad xk, you must be bored tho to think of all that. :D

wwwwww

Mar 26, 2001
Yep... seems fine...

Im not sure about the home map thing.. what if we I choose a wrong one :D

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
I like the way the ilcr does it now. I'm told from the founders that next season the maps will be more varied, so it wont be you've already played on the map before.

Given 2 or 3, I WOULD pick panzer.
my system doesnt bog down but I know it kills off other ppl's fps and ping.

I think any system that gives the individual clan too much control on what map they play is bad. Some clans cannot be stopped on a CQC map, while others might just pick a map like vietnam and drag the damn thing out for 7 hours.

Kinda like the PhD vs Xpk match this week... =P

Clans will use maps to cover their weaknesses. By randomizing it all there is better chance for fair games.

[DiE]x8668k

Skilled
Oct 4, 2000
www.x8668k.com
The problem with ILCR is that you can get the wrong map.
Since they choose the map and we just play, it can be an unfair win.

For Example:

DiE is the ÜberGods at sniping and INForcers is the ÜberGods in CQB.
What happens if the map is MWH?
What happens if the map is Extreme Predjudice?

Of course DiE will *ahem* win both maps with *ahem* 16 - 0. :D
Or was it forfeit win since the chickens..... :D

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Thats my point.

If DIE has the ability to pick a huge map like vietnam, its a sure win. But then you play [-I-] on a map like siberia and your sniping skills mean jack ****.

Better to just randomize the entire thing.

[DiE]x8668k

Skilled
Oct 4, 2000
www.x8668k.com
Originally posted by DallasStarsRule
Thats my point.

If DIE has the ability to pick a huge map like vietnam, its a sure win. But then you play [-I-] on a map like siberia and your sniping skills mean jack ****.

Better to just randomize the entire thing.

In that case number 3 is the choice, DiE choses a Snipermap and -I- choses a CQB map and we play on both of them.