What if Unreal would be...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I've been thinking about this. Been developping these weird ideas again in my head :p

So basically, I was thinking what Unreal would be like if:

1) The entire game would be with a night setting.
Stary skies, moonlight. Sounds of owls, bats etc...
(Or maybe the sounds from spirevillage, they're excellent)

Imagine for example harobed at night :O) Maybe with the skybox from NP30 (Nyleve at night, many might disagree but Davidm did an excellent job on that one).

Or Dark arena. Or Chizra nali water god. You could actually see beams of light falling in through the cracks in the roof.
Maybe you'd also need a searchlight to explore certain parts of the level.

Unreal at night °_0

2) What if the game would be played backwards?

See, you start where the game normally "ends". You're approaching the entrance to the escape pod.
BUT.. and here it comes.. the door won't open @#@@#grrr :mad:

:O)

So, the whole place is collapsing around you. You try and make your way back. For some reason that's what you do! (Ok, so I haven't thought about the details yet). You go back to where you entered the level. You look up, and jump. A low gravity field pulls you up.

And it goes on like that.

But I can hear you asking "BUT NEOENITIE MAKIN IT BACK WULDN4T BEH POSSIBLE SOME LEVELS WRE SEALED LOL"

As in "trench-vandora" right?

Well, use your imagination. The rocks got pulled out of the way, or maybe someone "carved through" them. (but who. Omg mystery person)

You'd have to make it all the way back to Nyleve.

(And also use night setting, for the earlier levels. Start the final levels with a day setting.)

Then you could also include some extra maps. There's a spaceship, which landed nearby Vortex rikers. You have to find a secret exit through the rocks of Nyleve.

Just making up stuff :O)

Will "polish" this later.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Maybe :O) I'm learning Unrealed 2.0 now.
Terrain editing, lighting etc...
May take time before I can do something decent, but I'm willing to learn.
And it's a good thing taking your time eh ^_^

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
What would happen if it were the Nali that imprisoned the Skaarj and the little two legged rabbits that we all love to squash bred and tamed Titans? What if we had to rescue baby skaarj from thier captives and return them to thier families which were being worked to death in the mines? What if you had to lead a group of Skaarj and Krall to safety and you had to pass a thin wall with about sixty Nali warriors taking a lunch break on the other side. The slightest sound could alarm them! D:

:c

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, I wouldn't mind playing as a skaarj :O)

Nobody's done this so far.

Suppose you're a .. eh.. (no low rank) a captain, or colonel (whatever :D...) in the skaarj army. And the beginning of the story actually takes place on the skaarj homeworld!

Etc..

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Well, smartass ;-) the mutatorpack I've linked to also has an underwater mutator. ;-)

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in co-op games.

Not sure if it does in Single player mode. Haven't bothered yet.

Just fire up a deathmatch game, and switch to any unreal level :O)

Oh yeah, you have infinite air supply.

In combination with the moonlight mute it makes things really "interesting"

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Damn right, things will never be the same again.

And b.t.w.: I said "maybe". Because I'm an utter nutcase and might change my mind on the fly. Or maybe not.

:D...heh

XaN

Jul 20, 2005
harobed village
but neonite you said that to finish the game u need to return to nyleve falls? and in unreal each lvl is harder then the one before right? , so that means the first lvl's in your game will be the hardest and the more you advance in the game it will be easyer
until u arrive at nyleve falls where the ship is and the only thing gaurding it will be like a couple of pupea's

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I'm not too keen on following schemes... some levels might be harder, others might be for enjoying a little rest, a pause... etc..

Maybe you could face 100.000 titans in Nyleve's falls, or maybe a couple of pupae...