What gun does INF need next? VOTE NOW!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What weapon should be next?

• H&K Mk 23 SOCOM

Votes: 18 16.5%
  • Walther P99

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Remington 870

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • H&K MP5K PDW

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • H&K MP5N Navy

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • IMI Mini Uzi

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Colt M4A1 Carbine

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • H&K G11

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • H&K G36C

Votes: 14 12.8%
  • FN M249 SAW

Votes: 38 34.9%

• Total voters

Dangerous10K

Armed and as always Dangerous
Nov 26, 2000
next patch here is what they need

the SAW,the Benelli M1 Shotgun

heres what would be nice for the next patch but they dont need it

the mini uzi,the socom

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
MP5-N.

Why?

Because you can never have too many MP5 variants.

The SOCOM is a done thing, so far as I can see. The model is done and my guess is they are just getting the .45 ballistics modelled (I assume that's how it works - they introduced the P90 and FiveseveN at the same time). It's a cool gun and I look forward to having more supressed firepower, OTOH playing over dialup as I do, the though of pistol rushers (they still do that, right? {not bothered with the 9 odd hour download - ordering CD}) with a near-silent weapon makes my heart sink.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Aside from the SAW, I vote for either a remmington or mini uzi.

As for someone suggesting an uzi over a mini uzi, the INF team said they choose a mini uzi, as the uzi has no advantage over the MP5 (aside from cost, which isnt really much of a disadvantage right now). The mini uzi on the other hand, is much smaller and lighter, and so can fit into its own little slot in the INF armoury.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
FA MAS needs a scope so it's not worthless with its obstructing sites.

I remember a team member mentioning a scope and a supressor planned for the FAMAS.

Murphy

Have beer, will travel.
Jan 9, 2001
MP5K

And definitely with 15-round magazines when implemented.

Should go well with either a Robar, or perhaps some binoculars and a frag 'nade for extra light scouting.... :enforcer:

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Yeah, the M4A1 is like the "Colt" (in CS). It is a shortened M16A2 (moreorless) with the addition of full auto and a whole raft of add-ons (the version in-game is probably a SOPMOD variant, which is an extra "pimpin" version with lots of doodads to go on it).

I worry about the whole whoring issue with the SAW. So long as the recoil is sufficient and you CANNOT run and gun with it, fair enough, but any DF player will know what I mean when I say I view the introduction of machine guns with trepidation. They are, after all, the very definition of Rambo'ing.

As for a supressed scoped weapon... BLEH.

Learn to use a SMG.