1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do You Want from BeyondUnreal?

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I know. 1995 is just suiting your posting habits more.

2. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

You definitely need an active UE game to focus on ... to draw in new blood as the premier news source for that game then hook 'em with forums, frag nights, community resources etc.

I vote you buy the domain beyondredorchestra.com.

3. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Hehe, what is it with you and your 1995 fetish :)

4. DannyMeister

DannyMeister UT3 Jailbreak Coder

16 year olds. Pssh.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Just wanted to give some input as a longtime fan of beyondunreal; i miss the links being functional/ linking to current places/ and i also miss the coverage of mods under dev. Covering some of the basics the way you guys did back when should be updated/ simplified...
    sorry if i covered some things another may have covered
    peace

6. DannyMeister

I've got to say, I really enjoy the higher rate of news stories lately. :)

7. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Would it be possible for the staff to cobble together a modern tweak guide for the older Unreal titles? Essentially a Unreal HD DIY guide. There's a sticky in the Unreal forums that's nearing 5 years old.

I'd love to see a feature article that gives a good outline to installing that D3D10 driver, the latest OpenGL driver, and the best hi-res texture/model packs you can find. Any additional mods that provide bugfixes, etc. would be great as well.

8. DannyMeister

Sounds like a good idea, but one probably best suited to (an) industrious forum user(s) rather than an already overburdened site administrator. A moderator can easily sticky the newer and better one at the time that it actually becomes so.

9. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

The best thing to do is install the 227 patch. It has all the latest junk (other than, perhaps, the D3D 10 renderer) plus a bunch of other nice stuff.

10. Raynor.Z

Raynor.Z Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus

I've made UT tweak guide a while ago and improved it over time, that should be way more up-to-date than BU's version:
    http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373

11. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

That and S3TC textures from UnrealTexture.com.

12. AKWolf

AKWolf New Member

Much more interesting front page these days.:tup: Thanks ...BTW, where is Epics first DX 11 title based on The Samaritan ? "Show me the preorder Epic"

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  13. WHIPperSNAPper

WHIPperSNAPper New Member

If I get up to 10,000 posts, can I get a free Ginsu knife set?

What do I want from Beyond Unreal? Just continue being a prime forum for the discussion of Unreal and Unreal Tournament and please continue to host UT maps and files for download.

If you guys can solve the nation's debt ceiling problem and bring about world peace that would be great, but if not I'll settle for it's being a good UT forum.

14. WHIPperSNAPper

The biggest problem in those regards is the overall lack of UT players and interest in the game. If a UT99-2 were released and it became a hit, we might get new custom maps, thousands of players, and lots of interest in the game and its custom content again. Maybe a hardcore fan will along and start reviewing maps again.

I wish it were possible to revitalize a UT99 regular weapons custom map capture-the-flag server. If I had money to burn I'd start up my own server and see if I could make a go of it.

15. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

Start up UT99 FragBU again. Go crazy with the maps and mods. In this day and age, with such great bandwidth and speed, who gives a crap about downloading half a meg of BSP from the server because you don't have it already; it's nothing! :p Just do it imo.

Also yeah, a bit less news about every single UE game ever and a lot more about what's happening in the corners of the community (I acknowledge that you need people to hunt around for it first though)

16. WHIPperSNAPper

Yeah! Maybe that's what they should do. Start up a UT99 regular weapons custom map CTF server and let me run it. I bet I could get it populated too with all of the various communities I've been associated with and groups I've known.

17. lowenz

lowenz Unreal Veteran

Up!

Isn't possible to bring back Insite for its quality map reviews, isn't? :(

18. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

If you guys love BuF, why not donating a few bucks?

19. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

WHAT DOES '95 HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING???

20. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Yeah... if someone would run the site and post quality map reviews.