What about the mappers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
I am a mapper and have a couple maps that I would like to convert to UTXMP when it comes out.

I have a few questions concerning this:

1.) Will FMI be changing all the texture package names, etc? That would be HELL. Basically will they have the same package names and texture names, and same with static mesh packages, etc.?

2.) Will you be able to open up U2XMP maps in UnrealEd for 2k4? Will I have to replace all the deploy points, energy sources, vehicle spawns, etc. in my map with FMI's UTXMP counterparts (if there are any)?

3.) In other words, HOW do you convert U2XMP levels to UTXMP? Will there be a nice tutorial? Will you force me to work my ass off to try and figure it out? Will I have to make them from scratch?

Air7725

Urusai
Sep 10, 2003
England
www.free-monkey.com
T-Shinzon said:
I am a mapper and have a couple maps that I would like to convert to UTXMP when it comes out.

I have a few questions concerning this:

1.) Will FMI be changing all the texture package names, etc? That would be HELL. Basically will they have the same package names and texture names, and same with static mesh packages, etc.?

2.) Will you be able to open up U2XMP maps in UnrealEd for 2k4? Will I have to replace all the deploy points, energy sources, vehicle spawns, etc. in my map with FMI's UTXMP counterparts (if there are any)?

3.) In other words, HOW do you convert U2XMP levels to UTXMP? Will there be a nice tutorial? Will you force me to work my ass off to try and figure it out? Will I have to make them from scratch?

1. No there the same.

2. Nope. You will have to replace all the energy, deploys ect.

3. Yes we will release some tutorials around the time of utxmp's release(if i can be botherd to type em up :p)

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Will the UTAN system work with unrealed? I can think of a couple of people I'd like to see globaly banned from mapping :D

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
that links is somewhat helpful ;)but of course it is pointless to say this but u can always use the utxmp matinee to get the various textures and such ( you just need to know how to do a little ini work to launch unrealed)

i'll give you a little help on that, just read the official epic document on the unreal console commands.

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
Why not just wait for UTXMP? If you add a 2k4 character to your map (there is one in the cf_DE.usx package, I believe), and scale him 1.5x, that will be appropriate for XMP.

Also, why not wait for FMI to release the mapping guide before making the wiki entry? Theres a lot of little things about the XMP editor you would need to know.

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
Dandel, why do you give that link if i already said everything in that wiki page... and... what textures are you talking about? I dont think FMI would like you to use anything from ValleyOfApes...

Xaero... well, i just like doing that :D Also, unnecesary info will be removed as soon as UTXMP comes out. BTW, if we have to wait for it for so long time, it is pointless to wait without doing anything, isnt it? ;)

Last edited:

NRK

Nercury
Apr 20, 2004
Lithuania
cube.gif

¶:

^ thats what i fear.

Last edited: