Were Drakk and Tosc ever converted for Unreal 1?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Because, ****ing seriously, these guys look cooler than 80% of the Unreal 1 roster. By boosting every stats a bit up (for Unreal 1's faster gameplay), these would make awesome additions, instead of having the Skaarj or Mercenaries being the big bad boys all the time.

Also the Izarians have potential to be easily more powerful than Krall, even in Unreal 2 they shoot crazily everywhere.

With 227 or anything, is it possible to port them?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
With the new GEM-to-Blender script it might be. The main problem with it is that in order to port the model, you have to disassemble the LegendMesh and reassemble it into something other games can read. And LegendMeshes are especially created so that they support several anims at the same time, while usual animation systems only support one animation at any given time. But while it is harder to do than weapons (which don't need to have more than one animation playing at any given time), it should be possible with 227 skeletal anim system.

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
You're wrong... Animation of base model work like any others, just gem can support additonal mesh and animations. Proof - import model from e.g. UT2k4 (.pak and .psa) setup all this stuff in GlmEd (probably before you need to rename all seqences) and you can play the game with this model.

Ps: what pourpose is to port U2 models to old 227?

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
That's exactly what I was saying. You can use them, and GlmEd is very backwards-compatible, but you can setup more than one animation to be played there (like running and shooting at the same time), while usually (at least with vertex meshes) you would have to create three separate animations, one for running, one for shooting and one for both.

And the purpose is to use them in Unreal singleplayer.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
That's not true, you would just need to create more animations, like firing while running etc, like it's done at Unreal models, but yeah a lot of work would be needed.

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
yeah would be a massive addon for unreal1.the last of that sort were asgaards dinosaurs.lets hope some talented guy from the community would be interested to take care of it.

Edit: could someone post screenies of the pawns which are meant ? tnx emerald.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Anyway something totally unrelated/whatever

is there a Drakk Hive texture pack that can be used for Unreal/UT? They were used in a certain DM map for UT but they were Myleveled in it.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The problem is that the Myleveled Drakk textures are probably only a few compared to the real package. I don't have Unreal 2 installed so I can't check anything.