Well if you own the first GoW pc

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
You wont be playing it anytime soon unless you set your date/time back on your computer.

Seems as of 1/27 the windows certificate for GoW expired. Now when you try to install the game and run it it gives you a message saying this:

2q85atz.jpg

Only known fix at the moment is the afore-mentioned setting back of your computers date/time prior to the 27th.

Just a heads up as I was going nuts trying to figure out why my damn game wasnt working as a buddy asked me to reinstall and coop tomorrow.

Source threads:
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=656177
http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=583739

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
I PM'ed Flak down at Epic Forums about this, here is my PM and the response.

Originally Posted by MozI
Flak,

Many of have been experiencing an odd issue with GoW PC today (Jan 28) where the game refuse to run with some odd error that .exe is modded or something or other.

More details are in this thread.
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=656177

It would be appreciated it if someone from Epic that may know more about this 'crash', can kindly post a message as to why this is and what can be done or is being done as it is hindrance to loading the editor and running the game.

Thanks in advance.
(sorry if you got a dup of this message.)

Flak

I'm waiting for more info myself, as soon as I get it I will post.

So it seems that Epic is aware of this but no info other than that. Hopefully they are chasing down the GFW folks down at Microsoft.

But yeah it was a real bummer, I got no work done on my map today and for those that play online must have been really frustrating.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon, and never occur again.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Well, just FYI Flak is a community staff person, she doesn't work AT Epic, she works FOR Epic so she gets her info the same way we do :)

So it's the waiting game...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
To be fair, her employment means most of the Epic employees know her, which is a good thing :)

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
That's nearly as impressive as the Zune 30GB failing to handled leap years appropriately

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
yeah it does suck, can't finish my final gow map till the fix is in.

Funny it seems this caught Epic by surprise as well ( or at least that what they say) Almost seems like they forgot to pay 'rent' to Microsoft for their crappy GFW services.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Almost seems like they forgot to pay 'rent' to Microsoft for their crappy GFW services.

Maybe that's why they're integrating Steam support into UT3 with the 2.0 patch? Honestly, does GFW do anything Steam doesn't do?

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
Ouch. They scored some huge good will points this week with the UT3 news, and then get this to deal with.. Sucky.

I don't see this as soley a problem of Epic's. Game publishers need to wake up and realize that DRM hurts their paying customers far far more than it hurts pirates. The pirates have a cracked version that still runs right about now, while the paying customer is locked out.

Epic did get it right with UT3. No DRM at all. Let's see if they can convince MS. I don't have much faith in that happening.