Welcome Window problem -- BDB MapVote 3.04 For UT 1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Estoke

Dec 15, 2003
Hello,
after many changes and test (I´m using my own web server because I can not make it work with the web server include in UT***) I can view your ServerInfo.htm (original in 304 zip); Now, I try to change this file acording to our server info ( I have include some java script and unicode characters) and now it does not work.

-Could some one tell me which kind of content can I include in this ServerInfo.htm file?, Javascript?, images?, flash?, unicode character?...

Other question, I have include this line in my ServerInfo.htm:
<_a href="mailto:email@domain.com">Email<_/a> (without the _ )
Now it appears the link to send an email message but if you click in this link from Welcome Window in Mapvote you get outlook to come out with the email address like this one:
//email@domain.com/
instead the correct form:
email@domain.com

I have test it directly from internet explorer and it works right, so What is doing Mapvote with this link?

-Why it include the //...@../ ?????. Anybody nows who I can fix it?.

***: It would be very nice if someone make an easy explination on how to make it work, because I follow all steps in "MapVoteReadMe.htm" and there was no way to make it work.

PD: sorry about my english, I´m learning.

Last edited:

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Estoke said:
-Could some one tell me which kind of content can I include in this ServerInfo.htm file?, Javascript?, images?, flash?, unicode character?...
There is a section in the readme file tells you what will work.
It is very limited. No javascript, images, tables. Only very basic html.

Other question, I have include this line in my ServerInfo.htm:
<_a href="mailto:email@domain.com">Email<_/a> (without the _ )
Now it appears the link to send an email message but if you click in this link from Welcome Window in Mapvote you get outlook to come out with the email address like this one:
//email@domain.com/
instead the correct form:
email@domain.com
The code that launches your email program is not in MapVote, it is part of UT
code so I cant fix that. It's a bug in UT.

Last edited:

Estoke

Dec 15, 2003
Thx for your answer but I still don´t undertstand one thing: To make a link to my homepage I had used <_a href="http://www.DOMAIN.com">HOMEPAGE<_/a> (without the _ ) and it works, it goes to "http://www.DOMAIN.com" and not "//http://www.DOMAIN.COM//" like when I use href=mailto .

Any Ideas?, it´s very strange that for same command "href=" I get different result.

Thx again for your answer.