weird problem with default map of gametype

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

porphyrion

Oct 27, 2004
I got following problem:

I start the server with only ut2vote as mutator. I use this command line:

Code:
AS-Convoy?Game=UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo?Mutator=UT2Vote47.UT2VoteX -log=server.log

with AS-Convoy as the default map of the default gametype which is UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo.

now following happens, it overwrites the default map of the gametype BELOW the assault gametype to the default map of Assault. Which looks like that:

Code:
GameType=(GameName="Assault",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="AS-Convoy",MapPrefix="AS",GameClass="UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo",Mutators="Summoner.Summoner",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=0")
GameType=(GameName="CTF Zark",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="AS-Convoy",MapPrefix="CTF",GameClass="CTF_Zark.xCTFGame",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutMovementModifier,XGame.MutQuadJump,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,utcompv15beta1.MutUTComp,SA2K4_101.MutSniperArena,XxxXTransV2b.MutXxxXTranslocator",Commands="?SAConfig=0?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?GameStats=False?FF=0?GameSpeed=1.35")
GameType=(GameName="CTF PIG",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-BridgeOfFate",MapPrefix="CTF",GameClass="CTF_PIG.xCTFGame",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutMovementModifier,XGame.MutQuadJump,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,utcompv15beta1.MutUTComp,XxxXTransV2b.MutXxxXTranslocator,XxxXESRv2h.MutInstaGib",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?WeaponStay=False?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.40?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1?Difficulty=5")
GameType=(GameName="TDM PIG",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="TDM_PIG.xTeamGame",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutMovementModifier,XGame.MutQuadJump,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,utcompv15beta1.MutUTComp,XxxXESRv2h.MutInstaGib",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.40")
GameType=(GameName="TDM Zark",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="TDM_Zark.xTeamGame",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutMovementModifier,XGame.MutQuadJump,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,utcompv15beta1.MutUTComp,SA2K4_101.MutSniperArena",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=60?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.35")
I saved the default map to CTF-BridgeOfFate before I started the server. Btw these are all of my gametypes. So if I do an admin game switch to CTF Zark ingame, it switches to to the right gametype, but the wrong map which is AS-Convoy and it should be CTF-BridgeOfFate.

Is this a bug? Because I tried nearly everything but it overwrites always the default map of the gametype below. :(

thanks
porphyrion

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
"Btw these are all of my gametypes"

The 10 Default games that are supplied with UT2Vote in the GameType section are NOT to be removed, or have their GameClasses changed in any way what so ever.
If these games are removed UT2Vote looses its reference and also the MapPrefix="CTF" information for any particular game. If an Admin does not want that game then all he needs to do is set the HideVote=True in the GameType string.

if you removed any gametype strings thats your problem

porphyrion

Oct 27, 2004
okay thanks for your help. I didn't know that they have to stay. I'll try it right know.

:)

[edit] yep it works now. thx! [/edit]

Last edited:

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
porphyrion said:
okay thanks for your help. I didn't know that they have to stay. I'll try it right know.

:)

[edit] yep it works now. thx! [/edit]

you know we put together the help files and readme's for a reason!!! its all there under do's and dont's

glad you got it working :)

porphyrion

Oct 27, 2004
sh0V3l said:
you know we put together the help files and readme's for a reason!!! its all there under do's and dont's

glad you got it working :)

yea and I read the readme. :) but it seems I overlooked it because it was already late at night. :D

btw. its a great mutator! I like the clan match function very much because I own a website with ladders on it and we're starting them soon. So we will use ut2vote for it.

http://www.ut2k4clans.info ;)