Webheads

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
That black bodysuit I made for that TRON project I never finished, and may never get back to, is awful useful for using in other skinning projects. From the X-men skins to one of the Bizarros, it's the gift that keeps on giving.
5416806_original.png

I've long been trying to work out a way to do a good skin for Spider-Man. The problem I kept not being able to get around is that the Male Soldier model doesn't do team colors on the arms, and that has stumped me for years. The Spidey-Trek skin and the Spider-Gorn skins were attempts to work my way around this, but nothing ever quite clicked in my head... until last night's bout with insomnia. It seemed so obvious when it popped into my head, there's nothing saying the arms have to be completely in the costume.

Idea: a few seconds.
Build time: Roughly 2 hours, lots of little breaks as I edited some things and looked for other stuff I needed.
5417082_original.png

All 4 team colors, 10 faces, talk textures for each face.

Funny thing if my internet hadn't up and died last night, I might never have even started this (or had the thought that got me going) if I could've gotten online.

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/168x5y882bxedoq/Soldier_Webhead.zip

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Heh, there should've been a webslinger mutator. You'd just shoot your web at the enemy and fling them around the map. Or, one could be spiderman and the other venom etc.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Technically there was, there's an old grappling hook mutator... came out in 1999 shortly after UT did. Didn't really fling but it did bring you close to whatever you fired at.

Venom is on the list... and as I said, that TRON bodysuit is handy.
2970802_original.png